ADVERTISEMENT

Football Removing the East/West split after the round of 32 in 8 man

Would you be in favor of removing the East/West split?

• Yes

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 29.2%

• Total voters
Getting rid of the east/west split will help get two of the better teams to the state finals. I also prefer to not see another 62-8 blowout in a state final.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Getting rid of the east/west split will help get two of the better teams to the state finals. I also prefer to not see another 62-8 blowout in a state final.
Agree. I don’t care if the two best streams are from Custer county or Platte County or Harlan County. Get the two best teams to Lincoln. We don’t need representation from each side of the state.

Reactions: runningback43
I have always supported the East -West split in the past but this magnified the problem. We can do better. It is time to go with a 9 game schedule and have a 16 team statewide bracket. Congratulations to Humphrey SF and Falls City SH, they were both very good!

wrong, that will take away from NSAA making money. lol, more teams more money, it's not about the kids its about them getting the cash flow so they can have that hall of fame building and whatever else they are doing down there. actually I agree with you CIK, way too many teams in playoffs and too many blow outs too boot. if you are 2-7 and make the playoffs do you really want to go and play the 9-0 number one seed and get blown off the field and embarrassed, the answer is a restounding NO from all involved. change the format please.

wrong, that will take away from NSAA making money. lol, more teams more money, it's not about the kids its about them getting the cash flow so they can have that hall of fame building and whatever else they are doing down there. actually I agree with you CIK, way too many teams in playoffs and too many blow outs too boot. if you are 2-7 and make the playoffs do you really want to go and play the 9-0 number one seed and get blown off the field and embarrassed, the answer is a restounding NO from all involved. change the format please.
please stop with the NSAA money thing, the schools run the NSAA they only govern the rules the schools pass. The schools decide how many teams, east or west not the NSAA and the Hall of Fame is souly supported by Jamboree gate and donors. Understand the processes, everything and every rule is decided by the schools

please stop with the NSAA money thing, the schools run the NSAA they only govern the rules the schools pass. The schools decide how many teams, east or west not the NSAA and the Hall of Fame is souly supported by Jamboree gate and donors. Understand the processes, everything and every rule is decided by the schools
This is completely untrue. The schools don't decide to make their band pay to get into the state championship game. The schools don't decide to make parents pay 9 bucks to watch their kid play in the playoffs. The NSAA is all about money. Making the pep band and cheerleaders pay to get into the state tournament is about all you need to know when deciding what is most important to the NSAA.

To put that in perspective a little bit. Last year the tickets to the Lions-Bills game were $17.00. Spring Training baseball tickets cost $9.00 on average.

Last edited:
This is completely untrue. The schools don't decide to make their band pay to get into the state championship game. The schools don't decide to make parents pay 9 bucks to watch their kid play in the playoffs. The NSAA is all about money. Making the pep band and cheerleaders pay to get into the state tournament is about all you need to know when deciding what is most important to the NSAA.

To put that in perspective a little bit. Last year the tickets to the Lions-Bills game were $17.00. Spring Training baseball tickets cost $9.00 on average.
well your wrong, the schools can change any and all of those things. and its $7 for playoffs

nutty are you on the board and or how do you know all of this. you sure have all the answers to the hard questions. I suppose you also know how much the officials make for playoff games as well, enlighten all of us with that answer and then explain to us why it is less then regular season, doesn't make much sense to me.

So you are saying that a school can propose to the NSAA that every athlete on the football teams in the state championship game will be announced, all members of those football teams will receive medals (at no cost to the school), and allow band members and cheer members in for free as opposed to the school paying for them? Or maybe allow for gold card passes to be used for district play or event the state playoffs in football? Or allow officials to be paid the same rate for football and basketball games in the post season as the schools were forced to pay during the regular season?

nutty are you on the board and or how do you know all of this. you sure have all the answers to the hard questions. I suppose you also know how much the officials make for playoff games as well, enlighten all of us with that answer and then explain to us why it is less then regular season, doesn't make much sense to me.
Stopped reffing about 6-7 years ago. But at that time, you got about $15-20 less per man for a playoff game than a regular season game. You also got mileage, but that usually wasn't very much & was only for 1 person.

Officials get paid "less" because there isn't a set amount schools pay officials. Many schools pay more than others to ensure they can get them since it's a supply and demand. The officials association could request more and I am sure it could be negotiated on.

Reactions: Yossarian23

https://nsaa-static.s3.amazonaws.com/textfile/fbl/fbman.pdf

It's publicly posted on p. 63. About $20/person per game cheaper than the contracts I'm familiar with.

Probably cheaper because there's fewer games and they're "better" games. The officials lose their leverage over schools due to the limited supply of them for a full regular season spate of games.

So you are saying that a school can propose to the NSAA that every athlete on the football teams in the state championship game will be announced, all members of those football teams will receive medals (at no cost to the school), and allow band members and cheer members in for free as opposed to the school paying for them? Or maybe allow for gold card passes to be used for district play or event the state playoffs in football? Or allow officials to be paid the same rate for football and basketball games in the post season as the schools were forced to pay during the regular season?
Thats correct each one would have to be written in and voted on by all six districts and each one would be a separate vote but yes that is correct

https://nsaa-static.s3.amazonaws.com/textfile/fbl/fbman.pdf

It's publicly posted on p. 63. About $20/person per game cheaper than the contracts I'm familiar with.

Probably cheaper because there's fewer games and they're "better" games. The officials lose their leverage over schools due to the limited supply of them for a full regular season spate of games.
that is correct and pay use to be that and since the official shortage schools have paided up to secure officials and make sure they have their games on fridays

what officials association are you talking about, I don't think they have anything to do with how much you make for said games.

Schools should be allowed to purchase additional medals for finals games so they don't have to exclude a kid on the field. When Class A rosters are huge compared to smaller schools, you need to be flexible. Teams know how many they need before you get there, and I'm guessing the medals are all the same so what's the big deal? Just have extras and bill the school after the game. Heck, bill them before the game! If a team wants 100 medals, bill them for 45 and give them 100 at the game. Also cheerleaders and band members should not pay to get in. Why is this difficult?

The ONLY way that the NSAA can generate ANY revenue to pay their staff and expenses is through admission prices. Do any of you know what the NSAA's biggest expense is???? I'll tell you. It's the catastrophic insurance coverage that they have to cover EVERY athlete/participant that competes in the NSAA activities. That is what is driving up admission prices. Can't compare the NSAA to the NFL (eye roll).

The ONLY way that the NSAA can generate ANY revenue to pay their staff and expenses is through admission prices. Do any of you know what the NSAA's biggest expense is???? I'll tell you. It's the catastrophic insurance coverage that they have to cover EVERY athlete/participant that competes in the NSAA activities. That is what is driving up admission prices. Can't compare the NSAA to the NFL (eye roll).

I gotta believe salaries and benefits are higher, much higher

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT