ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Shot Clock approved for Class B boys and girls, other NSAA notes.

I really think it needs enrollment moved to fifty and eliminate the opt down to 8-man option or at least give schools a choice to not play a team who opts down, and be sure you fill all teams schedule before you fill a team opting down BUT 50 is needed
I think 50 would be a nice cut off. If schools opt down they should only play other opt down teams in my opinion as well.

I think 50 would be a nice cut off. If schools opt down they should only play other opt down teams in my opinion as well.
I agree that would be a good idea or at least give teams an option to play an opt down team or not. BUT then again 51 just failed, I just do not think Nebraska Football lives in reality currently and it will cost the sport dearly

You can disagree all you want. Fact is Nebraska has the lowest 8 man number in the nation of states that support 8 man.

You chose to focus on the teams you feel are a bully for opting down. Looking at opt downs very very few actually win a lot. I choose to look at teams that forfeit as hurting the kids on the team they were supposed to play, and robbing them of 1 of the 27 (36 if they’re lucky enough to play as a freshman) opportunities to play football that they were guaranteed!

To each their own…
Thats not my focus. I disagree with it because it is not necessary. There are plenty of teams who field enough players. If a team cant field an 11 man team it is their fault, not the other 8 man teams from actual small schools who will be punished by raising the number.
The nsaa is allowing for scheduling games in season. Not perfect but should help some.
There is no perfect system. People will always be calling for raising the number.
(Opt downs will only end when the nsaa says no. There will always be opt downs regardless of the number.)

Reactions: Loper90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT