ADVERTISEMENT

Skutt vs Roncalli

mgbreis

Freshman
Dec 16, 2004
Okay, trying to bring some levity to the Catholic/private school debate - I just want to know one thing: who should I root for in the Skutt vs Roncalli battle tomorrow? I don't have a dog in the fight and I think it should be a hell of a game. Do they hate each other? Who is more evil? Which coach "does things right?" Which coach is the annoying guy other coaches hate? I'll say one thing, I don't know a thing about any of the Roncalli kids but the Gninefou kid seems like someone to root for. Roncalli is probably a slight underdog but having watched the semis I expect it to be a really close game.

Easy, you cheer for Roncalli. Skutt win multiple state championships a year and qualify for the state playoffs it seems like every year in every sport

Reactions: saluno22
Okay, trying to bring some levity to the Catholic/private school debate - I just want to know one thing: who should I root for in the Skutt vs Roncalli battle tomorrow? I don't have a dog in the fight and I think it should be a hell of a game. Do they hate each other? Who is more evil? Which coach "does things right?" Which coach is the annoying guy other coaches hate? I'll say one thing, I don't know a thing about any of the Roncalli kids but the Gninefou kid seems like someone to root for. Roncalli is probably a slight underdog but having watched the semis I expect it to be a really close game.
I'm rooting for Roncalli to win the title after a pair of recent runner up finishes. That 2019 state appearance for them was something else: 5 OT periods across 3 games (all 3 went to OT).

Reactions: northeastNebraska
And if you ever get the chance, go to a football or basketball game there just to enjoy their concessions stand.
Nice! Okay, maybe we need a "best concession stand" thread? I'm really only up on baseball concessions, and I'll say that Mount Michael has a pretty good one. The best I've had, believe it or not, is the Fairbury concessions for legion games.

Roncalli gets the W
Pretty much controlled the game wire-to-wire. Very impressed. So, as an aside, my kid and his buddies were just trying to tell me that Roncalli may be headed to C1 soon? Looks like their enrollment is on the lower side of Class B...

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT