ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Holler-Feed the Cats

Power_I_82

Freshman
Jan 15, 2019
I heard about him at a clinic a few years back. I've looked into his stuff and incorporated bits and pieces. It's really changed the way I think about how we are conditioning athletes. Anyone on this board use the "Feed the Cats" as the basis of how they train and condition athletes? I'd be interested to hear the results if so. A ton of what he says makes sense, even if it is hard for me to get away from "the way we have always done things" sometimes! I believe if we aren't evolving we are doing our athletes a disservice and the guy that is will kick your butt on game nights.

Reactions: Payton2425
I heard about him at a clinic a few years back. I've looked into his stuff and incorporated bits and pieces. It's really changed the way I think about how we are conditioning athletes. Anyone on this board use the "Feed the Cats" as the basis of how they train and condition athletes? I'd be interested to hear the results if so. A ton of what he says makes sense, even if it is hard for me to get away from "the way we have always done things" sometimes! I believe if we aren't evolving we are doing our athletes a disservice and the guy that is will kick your butt on game nights.
We have utilized Feed The Cats as well and went away from "conditioning", we time 10 yard fly's and 40 yard sprints. Our kids seem to enjoy it, this is the 3rd year we have been doing "Feed the Cats."

We've incorporated parts of it as well. Mainly changed when we sprint in practice (towards the beginning) and what we do (never more than 40). Volume lower too, with rest to replicate game situations. Probably don't get full recovery, but definitely more than we were 10 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT