ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers?

well if that is the case then a coach from one of the teams they are playing doesn't know what he is talking about. he told me they are not going to have a team and therefore they will get a forfeit win, not enough numbers were going to be out.

word on the street is they are going to have around 20 players, now think about this out of those 20 probably 5-8 are freshman who will not be able to contribute much do to lack of size speed etc, so now we are down to say 14 who are upperclass kids you play with 11 that leaves you 3 legit subs. not a good idea in so many ways to be playing football versus the likes of Norfolk Catholic Pierce and who ever else is in the district.

They have 30 which isn't ideal and probably why they are playing 8-man Jr. High and JV Schedules. Injuries caused them to forfeit last 2 games last season. I suppose that could possibly happen again this season, but "Word on the street," is not a real reliable source. Especially if the "word" is coming from kids that have transferred to Norfolk Catholic.

They have 30 which isn't ideal and probably why they are playing 8-man Jr. High and JV Schedules. Injuries caused them to forfeit last 2 games last season. I suppose that could possibly happen again this season, but "Word on the street," is not a real reliable source. Especially if the "word" is coming from kids that have transferred to Norfolk Catholic.
30 hell a lot of C2 teams have 30 or less 30 is more than enough

You can play 11 man with 30. We consistently has 26-32 on our roster and we were fine 10 years ago when I played.

Madison is in a tough spot.

-11 miles from Humphrey
-16 miles to Norfolk

Two schools in Humphrey and 3 schools in Norfolk to choose from.

You can play 11 man with 30. We consistently has 26-32 on our roster and we were fine 10 years ago when I played.

-11 miles from Humphrey
-16 miles to Norfolk

I agree they are in a tough spot, and it may never change

I coach at a C1 school and we only have 30 kids out. It's very doable, just have to have good quality to match the lack of quantity......or you are in trouble!

Reactions: northeastNebraska

-11 miles from Humphrey
-16 miles to Norfolk

They've also lost kids to Battle Creek, I believe.

This situation is not specific to Madison. Drive down HWY 30 from Fremont to Cozad and you will find multiple schools that have the same student demographic as Madison. There are no doubt challenges, but teams on HWY 30 have made it work.

As for location being between 2 powerhouses, there are dozens of C1-C2 teams that are half way between two Class A type cities. Ashland is about 15 miles from Omaha and 15 miles from Lincoln

Yutan is half way between Fremont (2 schools) and Wahoo (2 schools).

St Paul is equal distance from Central City (2 schools) and Grand Island (4 schools)

West Holt is half way between Stuart and O'Neill...both have played in the finals recently.

Arlington is only a few miles from Blair (B) and Fremont (2 schools).

Howells Dodge has West Point to the NE (2 schools), Noeth Bend to the SE, Norfolk (3 schools) and Stanton the NW, and Schuyler to the SW.

Wilber is equal distance from Crete and Beatrice, two class B powerhouses.

Again, I'm not saying Madison doesn't have challenges because they do. I'm just saying they arent the only one in a tough spot.

This situation is not specific to Madison. Drive down HWY 30 from Fremont to Cozad and you will find multiple schools that have the same student demographic as Madison. There are no doubt challenges, but teams on HWY 30 have made it work.

As for location being between 2 powerhouses, there are dozens of C1-C2 teams that are half way between two Class A type cities. Ashland is about 15 miles from Omaha and 15 miles from Lincoln

Yutan is half way between Fremont (2 schools) and Wahoo (2 schools).

St Paul is equal distance from Central City (2 schools) and Grand Island (4 schools)

West Holt is half way between Stuart and O'Neill...both have played in the finals recently.

Arlington is only a few miles from Blair (B) and Fremont (2 schools).

Howells Dodge has West Point to the NE (2 schools), Noeth Bend to the SE, Norfolk (3 schools) and Stanton the NW, and Schuyler to the SW.

Wilber is equal distance from Crete and Beatrice, two class B powerhouses.

Again, I'm not saying Madison doesn't have challenges because they do. I'm just saying they arent the only one in a tough spot.
Great point

'word on the street' as in a coach from another school so no it wasn't a kid who left but rather an adult who has knowledge of the situation, I guess this time he didn't get his facts straight. my mistake Gordo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT