ADVERTISEMENT

Football Schedules Released

bigredguy23

Gold Member
Aug 23, 2022
With the football schedules being released this week, what are everyone's biggest takeaways? Any surprises? One of my biggest takeaways was the heavy scheduling in D1 this year. Most all of the projected top teams have games against multiple other teams from the same list. Also very exciting for our state to get to showcase some of its top talent in Class A with the games scheduled against schools from Missouri, Arizona etc. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: NeNebraskaGuru
Class A: I like that Prep, Millard North and Millard South are playing games against national teams. Brings positive exposure to our state if they can win.

Class B: Seeing Gretna and Pius back in B is fun.

Class C1: Like seeing Cozad playing Central City. I really would like to see more C1-D2 teams play teams from other areas of the state.

Class C2: Welcome Boone Central. Boone's first three games are Cedar, at NC, at Battle Creek.

Class D1: Wausa-Osmond. Do they have a mascot and colors picked out? Stanton at Central Valley week 3.

Class D2: Howells-Dodge vs Lawrence-Nelson to open the year is a fun week 1 matchup.

Class A: I like that Prep, Millard North and Millard South are playing games against national teams. Brings positive exposure to our state if they can win.

Class B: Seeing Gretna and Pius back in B is fun.

Class C1: Like seeing Cozad playing Central City. I really would like to see more C1-D2 teams play teams from other areas of the state.

Class C2: Welcome Boone Central. Boone's first three games are Cedar, at NC, at Battle Creek.

Class D1: Wausa-Osmond. Do they have a mascot and colors picked out? Stanton at Central Valley week 3.

Class D2: Howells-Dodge vs Lawrence-Nelson to open the year is a fun week 1 matchup.
Wausa-Osmond will be called the Vikings for now with the same colors and uniforms currently being used. They’re also partnering for wrestling where there they will be the Osmond-Wausa Tigers and will be using the current Osmond uniforms. I believe after 4 years the plan is to vote on new colors/mascot.

Howells Dodge has a pretty legit schedule. Looked like the toughest in D2 to me. They will be battle tested come November

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT