ADVERTISEMENT

Boys hoops

Gotcha. Crazy that BR would be considered division 2.

So what happens with McCool Junction and EPPJ if they both win?

-They are tied in points right now
  • McCool Junction (17-6), 42.3043
  • Elgin Public/Pope John (15-8), 42.3043
-Both teams are playing Division 2 opponents that won't drop to D3 with a win.
-Both teams don't have a Division 1 win, McCool has played three Division 1 games, while EPPJ has played two.
-EPPJ has six Division 2 wins, while McCool only has two.
I have seen some on JB, I would rather play MHC if I was McCool than Johnson Brock but that's without seeing anything on MHC

-Both teams don't have a Division 1 win, McCool has played three Division 1 games, while EPPJ has played two.
McCool wins the tiebreaker based on playing more Div 1 games.

But there could be other teams still playing on each of their schedules that could change divisions yet.

Reactions: northeastNebraska

Your third bullet would tie break.

It's not division 1 wins, its just games played.

Edit: whoops, too slow.

I'm pretty sure McCool is going to edge them in points anyway because L-N shouldn't have dropped to a div 3, their sub-district game counted twice.

I'm pretty sure McCool is going to edge them in points anyway because L-N shouldn't have dropped to a div 3, their sub-district game counted twice.
I think you are correct on that, which I think that puts MJ at a 14 playing the 3 in JB if my calculations are correct because MHC and St Pats are probably locked in at 1/2

To me it looks like St Pats is #1 regardless. A loss puts them at 46.04, and a win puts Maywood at 45.77. Paxton could drop to div 2, but that dings Maywood twice and St Pats once, so only widens the margin if they lose. NEN was right about his guess on that.

McCool beating either Maywood or Johnson. None of that matters if they can't beat BDS.
I am going to say if they dont beat BDS then they are not very good, I think McCool would be a tough draw for maywood. but its is so hard to tell, because neither team really played anyone, so they both might be darn good or one might be a pretender, we will soon know

I am going to say if they dont beat BDS then they are not very good, I think McCool would be a tough draw for maywood. but its is so hard to tell, because neither team really played anyone, so they both might be darn good or one might be a pretender, we will soon know
They've already lost once to them... No. I don't think so. Counting EC, I think Maywood has 5 wins better than any the McCool has. I think Maywood is really good.

They've already lost once to them... No. I don't think so. Counting EC, I think Maywood has 5 wins better than any the McCool has. I think Maywood is really good.
They maybe at that but hard to tell with dundy accounting for three of those wins TIME will tell, wish them all the best of luck

Just got example to show how hard it is for anyone to predict the outcome scenario's.....D1 games that could lead to division changes and who it would affect (was a quick glance through so could of missed some):

McJunc W vs BDS: moves McCool to Div1......Osceola, Friend, Freeman, Cross Co affected

BR W vs H/D: moves BR to Div1.....Omaha Nation, Mead, Ponca, Hump/LHF, WisPil, H/D affected

AL W vs Pleasanton: moves Pleasanton to Div3.....Cozad, South Loup, Amherst, SEM, EC, Kenesaw, AL x3 affected

AL L vs Pleasanton: moves AL to Div2.....EC x2, S/T, Amherst x2, Shelton, SEM affected

Kenesaw W vs SandyC: moves Kenesaw to Div1.....Shelton x2, DT, EC affected

SV L vs Loomis: moves SV to Div3.....EC, South Loup, DCS affected

And that's just class D1 results potential affection, there's surely teams in C2/D2 changing divisions that would affect D1 as well.

But from looking at this A/L, South Loup, EC all have multiple games that could change their PP. H/D, Mead, Kenesaw, DCS could also be affected.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Just got example to show how hard it is for anyone to predict the outcome scenario's.....D1 games that could lead to division changes and who it would affect (was a quick glance through so could of missed some):

McJunc W vs BDS: moves McCool to Div1......Osceola, Friend, Freeman, Cross Co affected

BR W vs H/D: moves BR to Div1.....Omaha Nation, Mead, Ponca, Hump/LHF, WisPil, H/D affected

AL W vs Pleasanton: moves Pleasanton to Div3.....Cozad, South Loup, Amherst, SEM, EC, Kenesaw, AL x3 affected

AL L vs Pleasanton: moves AL to Div2.....EC x2, S/T, Amherst x2, Shelton, SEM affected

Kenesaw W vs SandyC: moves Kenesaw to Div1.....Shelton x2, DT, EC affected

SV L vs Loomis: moves SV to Div3.....EC, South Loup, DCS affected

And that's just class D1 results potential affection, there's surely teams in C2/D2 changing divisions that would affect D1 as well.

But from looking at this A/L, South Loup, EC all have multiple games that could change their PP. H/D, Mead, Kenesaw, DCS could also be affected.
Exactly! When it comes down the stretch, this thing gets complex for sure.

Maywood is good, the 1-3-1 zone with 6'6" Ingison on the top reminds me a lot of what Humphrey LHF has been successful with during their title runs. A ton of length on the top and the wings makes life really difficult. Elm creek couldn't work the high post effectively and it hurt them.

The problem I can see for Maywood is if a team doesn't let them get out on the fast break and doesn't let them slice and drive through to the rim. Their lack of outside shooting is what stands out to me as the thing that can trip them up. They go to the rim so well especially in transition that teams need to force them into the half court to stop them.

I've never seen Farr shoot it so well like he did against Elm Creek, if he's doing that they're really tough. I think he was 2-12 from 3 going into it and went 3 for 3 Tuesday.

Maywood is good, the 1-3-1 zone with 6'6" Ingison on the top reminds me a lot of what Humphrey LHF has been successful with during their title runs. A ton of length on the top and the wings makes life really difficult. Elm creek couldn't work the high post effectively and it hurt them.

The problem I can see for Maywood is if a team doesn't let them get out on the fast break and doesn't let them slice and drive through to the rim. Their lack of outside shooting is what stands out to me as the thing that can trip them up. They go to the rim so well especially in transition that teams need to force them into the half court to stop them.

I've never seen Farr shoot it so well like he did against Elm Creek, if he's doing that they're really tough. I think he was 2-12 from 3 going into it and went 3 for 3 Tuesday.
Man, through 3 quarters you have absolutely nailed it with your analysis of MHC. No transition, no penetration equals can't score. We'll see how it finishes!

Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
Man, through 3 quarters you have absolutely nailed it with your analysis of MHC. No transition, no penetration equals can't score. We'll see how it finishes!
I've probably seen them play 9-10 times this season. I thought defensively they played great. Struggled from the perimeter which is not unusual, could definitely see these 2 playing again in a few weeks. Great game.

Reactions: mgbreis
Here's what I have (assuming an Ainsworth win).

I've never been good at this, so let me know if I'm wrong.

SeedTeamPointsDistrict2/23 PtsGames
1​
NPSP
46.6250​
10-D1
1119​
24​
2​
MHC
45.3462​
10-D1
1179​
26​
3​
J-B
44.9600​
1-D1
1124​
25​
4​
Elm Creek
44.4348​
10-D1
1022​
23​
5​
DCS
44.1600​
11-D1
1104​
25​
6​
H-D
44.1200​
4-D1
1103​
25​
7​
Leyton
43.8333​
12-D1
1052​
24​
8​
B-R
43.7600​
4-D1
1094​
25​
9​
Ansley-Litch
43.3913​
7-D1
998​
23​
10​
Mead
43.2800​
2-D1
1082​
25​
11​
Bridgeport
43.2000​
12-D1
1080​
25​
12​
HLHF
43.1600​
5-D1
1079​
25​
13​
Ainsworth
42.7727​
6-D1
941​
22​
14​
McCool
42.6250​
3-D1
1023​
24​
15​
Sandy Creek
42.4000​
8-D1
1060​
25​
16​
Loomis
42.0000​
9-D1
966​
23​

Reactions: Bubman86
I'll be very interested in that HD vs BR matchup next Thursday.

I can't pick a state champion right now, but I still like NPSP a lot. Their guards put the clamp down on defense, they can shoot well and Brecken Erickson is a beast on offense and defense.

They have a great core of players who have done it and played a C1-C2 schedule for being in Class D1.
What makes Johnson Brock so dangerous?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT