ADVERTISEMENT

Boys hoops

The high seed needs to host district finals. This 180 rule is silly. If you want to have neutral sites, have double headers at UNK, Concordia, Hastings College, Midland, etc.

For example, NPSP will travel four years in a row as the number they’ve been the 1,3,1 and 1 seed.

2020: East Butler at Wood River #1
2021: Creighton at Wood River #3
2022: Ansley Litchfield at Cozad #1
2023: Boyd County @ ? #1

The high seed needs to host district finals. This 180 rule is silly. If you want to have neutral sites, have double headers at UNK, Concordia, Hastings College, Midland, etc.

For example, NPSP will travel four years in a row as the number they’ve been the 1,3,1 and 1 seed.

Doesn't neccesarily change your point but I'm guessing the 2022 game was mutually agreed on by both teams to be moved to a bigger site as A/L is well within 180 miles of NPSP.

And anywhere halfway will be nice, easy roads. Very important that we not let anyone undeserving dare to play in the state tournament... in Nebraska... in the 2nd smallest class...

Last edited:
Doesn't neccesarily change your point but I'm guessing the 2022 game was mutually agreed on by both teams to be moved to a bigger site as A/L is well within 180 miles of NPSP.
I don't think anyone was allowed to host until this year. Zero chance St Pats agreed to not host.

High seed hosting was a thing during 2021 due to Covid. Then it eventually trickled down to all the classes in at least some form.
Hoping the 180 rule goes away soon. High seed should host.

Random, but in 8 man starting this fall, will the high seed host throughout? Or is that change only for C2?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT