ADVERTISEMENT

Football Football Coaching Changes

Not sure what the story here is but Steve sounded like he was blindsided with this yesterday. What a terrible way for the admins to handle this. No disrespect to the new guy but if I'm a Bertrand parent right now I wouldn't be very happy. Loomis is right down the road. As you said, HOF and great guy. He deserved a way better way to go out than this appears to be.
I am sure they had a reason; they wouldn't just let him go. Why does everyone always blame the administration? Yes, I get it, sometimes the administration has a motive, however no one on here seems to know what reasons were given and he did not share the reason he was given. Great guys can make mistakes I guess, and more info will surface eventually.

I am sure they had a reason; they wouldn't just let him go. Why does everyone always blame the administration? Yes, I get it, sometimes the administration has a motive, however no one on here seems to know what reasons were given and he did not share the reason he was given. Great guys can make mistakes I guess, and more info will surface eventually.
So what you have to understand is contracts have already been signed and it’s incredibly late in the process to make this move. You’re right that it’s not always the admin to blame but in this case no “mistake” took place with Steve. He was wronged. You don’t treat a guy like that with that much disrespect.

How many schools has Fuller coached at? I think we have had this discussion before. I can't find it

Bob Fuller coaching stops:

Farnam (1971-73), Hebron (1973-78), Sidney (1978-79), Plattsmouth (1979-84), Cambridge (1984-89), Wellington, KS (1989-1994), McCook (1994-??), Phillipsburg, KS (19??-??), Omaha Central (2004), Plattsmouth again (2004-12), Louisville (2012-13), Auburn (2013-14), Grand Island Central Catholic (2016-17), Weeping Water (2017-??), Palmyra (2023)

Also coached at Adams Central from what I can find

Am I missing anything???

Reactions: TC53

Farnam (1971-73), Hebron (1973-78), Sidney (1978-79), Plattsmouth (1979-84), Cambridge (1984-89), Wellington, KS (1989-1994), McCook (1994-??), Phillipsburg, KS (19??-??), Omaha Central (2004), Plattsmouth again (2004-12), Louisville (2012-13), Auburn (2013-14), Grand Island Central Catholic (2016-17), Weeping Water (2017-??), Palmyra (2023)

Am I missing anything???
I think he was at Winside too.

Reactions: coachsloup

Am I missing anything???
Not sure why he keeps getting jobs. HIs longest stop at any school is 5 years. Which is good chunk of time. But the majority of his stops are 1 and 2 years. How is that good for any school? What is he accomplishing at any of these places? These schools think they got there guy and boom, he's gone? On top of that, there are young coaches trying to get their feet wet only to lose out to this guy, who will be gone in a year. But I guess the real question is, what are these schools doing? They have to know what their in for? That they will be just hiring again in a year. In the meantime your program has zero stability.

Not sure why he keeps getting jobs. HIs longest stop at any school is 5 years. Which is good chunk of time. But the majority of his stops are 1 and 2 years. How is that good for any school? What is he accomplishing at any of these places? These schools think they got there guy and boom, he's gone? On top of that, there are young coaches trying to get their feet wet only to lose out to this guy, who will be gone in a year. But I guess the real question is, what are these schools doing? They have to know what their in for? That they will be just hiring again in a year. In the meantime your program has zero stability.
Just win baby

Reactions: coachsloup
has he won a state title at any of these sto
So I know I’m biased because the Fuller family has been really good to me but come on guys, Bob is a coaching legend!
Some career numbers:
309-171-1
3 Championships, 3 runner ups in football
5 championships, 1 runner up in Track.
The guy moves around a lot but he’s proven himself.

So I know I’m biased because the Fuller family has been really good to me but come on guys, Bob is a coaching legend!
Some career numbers:
309-171-1
3 Championships, 3 runner ups in football
5 championships, 1 runner up in Track.
The guy moves around a lot but he’s proven himself.
Don't know him. Don't care. I think the numbers speak for themselves. There are a lot of parents in the state that would like to have a coach with his credentials coach their kids. I would venture to guess he has really gotten good at coming in, getting kids to buy in, establishing a culture, and playing winning football. Who wouldn't want that for their kids? Also, at how many of these stops did a young assistant who got a chance to learn under him for a few years get the job when he left? You can bet his chance of success was way better. Has he been a ton of places? Yes. He's obviously not getting ran out of those schools because people keep hiring him. Pretty lame argument if you ask me

Anyone remember where the State Championships and Runner ups took place? Impressive feat!
The ones off the top of my head are championships at Farnam his first year coaching, Cambridge in late 80s, and Osceola High Plains. Runner up at Plattsmouth but the others escape me.

So what you have to understand is contracts have already been signed and it’s incredibly late in the process to make this move. You’re right that it’s not always the admin to blame but in this case no “mistake” took place with Steve. He was wronged. You don’t treat a guy like that with that much disrespect.
So what happened? U seem to know

Hearing an interesting hire out of Stapleton. Don't think it changes anything football wise right now but it may be something to watch.

The ones off the top of my head are championships at Farnam his first year coaching, Cambridge in late 80s, and Osceola High Plains. Runner up at Plattsmouth but the others escape me.
He also won a State Track Championship at Osceola in '21.

Football Coach Opening - I realize this is out of state but thought this would be a good place to post. Rose Hill, Kansas (USD 394) is currently taking applications for a Head Football Coach. The Rockets are a 4A school on the east side of Wichita with an amazing football stadium and a very supportive football community. Teaching position is possible but not required with the position. For further information contact the High School Athletic Director, Jim Linot, at jlinot@usd394.com.

I hear Schuyler has made a hire but it’s a very toxic environment there. I can’t name names but let me say unfortunately the players are the ones who are suffering from the poor decision making.

Not a big secret, but hadn't seen any actual release on this anywhere yet:

Mark Brahmer stepped down at Pierce. He will be following his kids collegiate careers for a while. Darin Suckstorf, a Pierce alum and the former head coach at Lutheran High Northeast, will take over as head football coach at Pierce.

From reading the story, sounds like Brahmer is interested in getting back into coaching 4-5 years down the road.

I have not heard who LHNE hired to replace Suckstorf.

they are having co coaches mitch hyde is one of the coaches and i can't remember the other dudes name.

Am I missing anything???
Yes. Osceola/High Plains. Won state championship for them in D-1 (2018?).

* UPDATED*

Adams Central - Josh Lewis
Alliance - T.D. Stein
Arcadia-Loup City - Ramsey Hunt
Bertrand -- Trey Stutheit
Chadron - Michael Sandtrom
Concordia -- Matt Marty
Conestoga -- Troy Quick
Elm Creek - Blake Schwarz
Fort Calhoun -- Zach Byrd
GACC - Matt Schlaebitz
GICC - Jeff Ashby
Gretna East - Justin Haberman
Hartington Newcastle - Rusty Fuller
Lexington -- Jacke Harvey
Lincoln Lutheran - Sean Wieting
Lincoln Southwest - Grant Traynowicz
Lutheran High North East
Lyons-Decatur North East -- Ryan Miller
Medicine Valley -- Wyatt Heikkinen
Nebraska City -- Ben Fedoris
Omaha Benson -- Elliott Zadow
Omaha Burke -- James Patterson
Omaha Central -- Terrence Mackey
Omaha Northwest -- Jason Fuller
Omaha South -- D'Juan Johnson
Palmyra - Bob Fuller
Perkins County - Brendon Geier
Pleasanton - Casey Loomis
Pierce - Darin Suckstorf
St. Edward - Michael Roscoe
St. Paul - Cody Wheeler
Schuyler - Nick Wilcox
Standing Bear - Adam Schiltz
Sutherland - Matt Mortimer
Syracuse - Joseph Pavlik
Tekamah-Herman - Brandon Jansen
Thayer Central - Mitchell Shepherd
Weeping Water - Chris Smith
Wood River - Ruskamp

Last edited:
Adams Central - Josh Lewis
Alliance - T.D. Stein
Arcadia-Loup City - Ramsey Hunt
Bertrand -- Trey Stutheit
Centura
Chadron - Michael Sandtrom
Concordia -- Matt Marty
Conestoga
Elm Creek - Blake Schwarz
Fort Calhoun -- Zach Byrd
GACC - Matt Schlaebitz
GICC - Jeff Ashby
Gretna East - Justin Haberman
Hartington Newcastle - Rusty Fuller
Lexington -- Jacke Harvey
Lincoln Lutheran - Sean Wieting
Lincoln Southwest - Grant Traynowicz
Lutheran High North East
Lyons-Decatur North East -- Ryan Miller
Mead
Medicine Valley -- Wyatt Heikkinen
Nebraska City -- Ben Fedoris
Omaha Burke
Omaha Central -- Terrence Mackey
Omaha Northwest -- Jason Fuller
Palmyra - Bob Fuller
Perkins County - Brendon Geier
Pleasanton - Casey Loomis
Pierce - Darin Suckstorf
St. Edward
St. Paul - Cody Wheeler
Schuyler
Standing Bear - Adam Schiltz
Sutherland - Matt Mortimer
Syracuse - Joseph Pavlik
Tekamah-Herman - Brandon Jansen
Thayer Central - Mitchell Shepherd
Weeping Water - Chris Smith
Wood River - Ruskamp
Troy Quick is at Conestoga

James Patterson is at Omaha Burke (left Omaha South)

D'Juan Johnson is at Omaha South

Elliott Zadow is at Omaha Benson

Michael Roscoe is at St. Edward

Nick Wilcox is at Schuyler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT