ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Jobs

Looks like Carl Tesmer has decided to call it a career at St. Cecilia

What new high schools will be built in the next 5-10 years ? I have heard NE might get several more in that time frame. Anyone know more?

Elkhorn North is scheduled to open in 2020...and two new high schools will open in Omaha in 2022...one at 156th & Ida and one at 60th and L. No names are picked out for the latter ones. There is talk of a couple more in Omaha within 5 years as well and Lincoln is discussing a new high school as well...not sure of the time frame for that one although I know LPS hired a task force and they recommended building a new HS.

Kearney would probably have to become a city with 40,000-50,000 residents before that happens.

Would Kearney ever build a second high school? With the growth of Kearney I wouldn’t be surprised.

How about GI? There school is getting huge and from my understanding GINW is a seperate district. One would think that at some point in the next 25 years GI will have two class A schools, whether that be GINW expanding or a new one built.

Kearney will never have a second public high school. It is taboo to even mention it, plus they just built a brand new high school 2 years ago and moved into it.

Grand Island has 4 high schools in the community (GISH, GINW, GICC, and Heartland Lutheran). All of them are separate districts. I would say GI would build a second HS before Kearney ever would, especially considering GISH is the highest populated school in the state I think.

Reactions: runningback43
Hastings SC
Hershey
South Loup
Mitchell
Bishop Nuemann
Platteview
Superior
Plainview
Schuyler

I'd think several jobs would be coming open this month...

Having any of these jobs been filled in house?

Hastings SC
Hershey
South Loup
Mitchell
Bishop Nuemann
Platteview
Superior
Plainview
Schuyler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT