ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Jobs

Though StC didn't force Tesmer out, they've certainly made several coaching missteps in the last decade, more than one that has ended up in the court reports. Still, the history behind that job makes it the most interesting opening on the board.

Though StC didn't force Tesmer out, they've certainly made several coaching missteps in the last decade, more than one that has ended up in the court reports. Still, the history behind that job makes it the most interesting opening on the board.
STC did force Tesmer out, that is a fact, His choice was to retire or be fired.

Reactions: orafino
Wow. I hadn't heard any of that. I guess that's not too far beyond what they did to the basketball coach a decade ago and the AD last year, but I thought Tesmer was untouchable. Hmmm.

Maywood-Hayes Center makes a hire. It’s still odd to me Maywood isn’t with Curtis. Frontier County High!
I agree, northeast. 6 miles away and a paved road seems a lot better than 25 miles on a dirt road!!
Too bad the communities can't come together to make all the programs (sports, arts, academics) stronger....I wish Coach Erickson well, but that's a tough job!

Bishop Neumann - Doug Lanik
Bridgeport - Jeremy Reimers
Cedar Bluffs - Tom Brinkman
Crete - Mark Newmeyer
David City Public - Robert Evans
DC West - Mike Troy
Elkhorn Valley - Brandon Black
Gibbon - Steve Montgomery
Riverside - Cory Valisek
Lincoln NE - Dan Martin
HTRS - Caleb Lempka
Hastings SC -
Heartland Lutheran -
Hershey - Greg Welch
Madison - Joe Crilly
Maywood - Jeff Erickson
Mitchell - Nick Kuxhausen
Mullen - Wade Marsh
Norris - Ty Twarling
Niobrara/Verdigre - Brandon Seigel
Omaha Brownell Talbot - Wade Lanum
Omaha Concordia - Matt Marty
Osceola/High Plains - Bob Fuller
Parkview Christian -
Papio Lavista - Tim Williams
Pender - Cody Volk
Plainview - Kyle Schmidt
Platteview - Mark McLaughlin
Schuyler - Jason Ankrah
Scottsbluff - Jud Hall
South Loup - Mat Jageler
South Sioux City - Christopher Stein
Southwest - Christian Arteburn
Superior - Severson
Waverly - Manstedt
Windside

St. Cecilia hires Cody Jackson. Has been assistant at StC for three years. 2011 StC grad.

Too bad. It seems like from a geographical and a highway standpoint, Wallace, and even Wauneta-Palisade seem like better options for Hayes Center.
Wa-Pa and Hayes Center co-oped for Junior High sports about 10 years ago. It appeared to be headed for a high school co-op and then it feII through. From what I was toId Hayes Center inquired about co-oping with WaIIace but it never materiaIized. It seems co-ops are more about who's wiIIing to work with each other than it is about geopgraphy.

Last edited:
Reactions: northeastNebraska
Wa-Pa and Hayes Center co-oped for Junior High sports about 10 years ago. It appeared to be headed for a high school co-op and then it feII through. From what I was toId Hayes Center inquired about co-oping with WaIIace but it never materiaIized. It seems co-ops are more about who's wiIIing to work with each other than it is about geopgraphy.

I agree that co-ops are bout who's willing to work together. Hayes Center is on an island right now with nowhere to go.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
With recent posts, it looks like Parkview Christian is the only opening on that list that we haven't pegged who's filled it.

Anyone have any insight on that one?

Bishop Neumann - Doug Lanik
Bridgeport - Jeremy Reimers
Cedar Bluffs - Tom Brinkman
Crete - Mark Newmeyer
David City Public - Robert Evans
DC West - Mike Troy
Elkhorn Valley - Brandon Black
Gibbon - Steve Montgomery
Riverside - Cory Valisek
Lincoln NE - Dan Martin
HTRS - Caleb Lempka
Hastings SC - Cody Jackson
Heartland Lutheran -
Hershey - Greg Welch
Madison - Joe Crilly
Maywood - Jeff Erickson
Mitchell - Nick Kuxhausen
Mullen - Wade Marsh
Norris - Ty Twarling
Niobrara/Verdigre - Brandon Seigel
Omaha Brownell Talbot - Wade Lanum
Omaha Christian Academy -
Omaha Concordia - Matt Marty
Osceola/High Plains - Bob Fuller
Parkview Christian -
Papio Lavista - Tim Williams
Pender - Cody Volk
Plainview - Kyle Schmidt
Platteview - Mark McLaughlin
Schuyler - Jason Ankrah
Scottsbluff - Jud Hall
South Loup - Mat Jageler
South Sioux City - Christopher Stein
Southwest - Christian Arteburn
Superior - Severson
Waverly - Manstedt
Windside - Mike Naeve

Not a head coach, but Creighton Prep just added Brian Mohnsen to their staff as their defensive coordinator. He was South Dakota's defensive coordinator in 2018. Pretty big addition for Prep getting a Division I coordinator one year out as a high school coordinator. Mohnsen played with Tim Johnk at Nebraska, so they have a relationship that dates back over 30 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT