ADVERTISEMENT

What conference was your/is your high school in?

A few years ago, someone gave my father a program from the 47-48 Perkins County Athletic Association Tournament. The teams involved were Grant, Venango, Madrid, Elsie, Grainton, Hayes Center, Wallace, and Paxton. My dad was a freshman on the Elsie team that year.

A few years ago, someone gave my father a program from the 47-48 Perkins County Athletic Association Tournament. The teams involved were Grant, Venango, Madrid, Elsie, Grainton, Hayes Center, Wallace, and Paxton. My dad was a freshman on the Elsie team that year.
That’s awesome. I’d like to see a photo of that.

My Grandparents had a state tourney program from 1950. I’ll have to find it. Millard competed in Class D.

I believe that the Cornhusker Conference was started in the fall of 1987 when several of those Mid-State teams went to 8-man football. There is a gentlemen by the the name of Dean Backes who is writing a book on the history of the Cornhusker Conference. I don't know how that is progressing. It is hard to imagine Norfolk Catholic competing in the same conference as these small schools!
You mean he’s writing a book about St. Francis with mentions of a few other teams.....

Reactions: Milo-of-Croton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT