ADVERTISEMENT

2020-2021 Enrollments

PowerTfootball

Freshman
Oct 26, 2018
If anyone has information about schools changing classes (Specifically C1-C2 and those moving up from or down to 8 man) please list them here.

What I unofficially know.

C1 to C2
Chase County
Ord

C2 to C1
St Paul
Gordon-Rushville
Gibbon (They were right at 70 last I heard)
Wood River-Shelton (If coop happens)

C2 to 8-man
Southern Valley
Shelby-Rising City

Last edited:
District 7 in C2 will have next to no one if Southern Valley drops to 8 man. NPSP, Hershey, Bridgeport and Gordon. Hershey is so close to being C1 too and NPSP could play 8 man if they wanted. But I bet they’ll stay 11 man one more cycle.

Wow really? Boys numbers are that low? I guess I could see it. Elwood has a boy count of 31 and Eustis-Farnam has a boy count of 22. That would put them right at the top of D1 in the low part of C2.
Elwoods enrollment for this year that they will use for the new cycle is 20 Eustis Farnam is 16 so an enrollment number of 36 for grades 9, 10, 11

Reactions: northeastNebraska
That 58 number included last year's graduating class which had a high number of boys. As this year's senior class has a big number also. This year's freshman class is very low. SRC's number for next 2 year cycle is going to be well below the 47 number required to play 8 man. And the number the cycle 2 years from now should be even lower then probably back to 11 man as the elementary classes have really good boy numbers.

Reactions: bullhusk
That 58 number included last year's graduating class which had a high number of boys. As this year's senior class has a big number also. This year's freshman class is very low. SRC's number for next 2 year cycle is going to be well below the 47 number required to play 8 man. And the number the cycle 2 years from now should be even lower then probably back to 11 man as the elementary classes have really good boy numbers.
http://www.cengage.com/cgi-wadswort...ct_isbn_issn=9780538445610&scrlybrkr=3d7815fe
52 is SRC number for next two year cycle not exactly well below 47.

When and where are this September's numbers posted that will be used for classifications this next cycle?

You won't see them officially till December. If you have contacts at other schools, then use them. With the defined cutoff lines its easy to figure out who will be where.

Any other C2 moving to 8 man? I have heard some whispers of other schools that are going to have 8 man numbers next cycle and boards are voting soon to stay 11 or drop, some of these schools could field very strong teams

I have not heard any word on Gordon Rushville.

No idea but there has been rumblings of St Pats dropping but I would have to see it to believe it.

According to the NSAA website.

Schools I’ve heard that may be making changes have not declared whether playing 11 or 8 man.

Amherst
Arcadia-Loup City (heard they may split, not sure if reliable source)
Gordon-Rushville
St Pats

Any word on Ponca, Crofton, or Stanton? Thought Crofton might be able to be playoff eligible. The other two would likely be opt downs.

Any word on Ponca, Crofton, or Stanton? Thought Crofton might be able to be playoff eligible. The other two would likely be opt downs.

Winside going 6 man or cooping with Randolph? Thought they had talks previously?

According to the NSAA website.

Schools I’ve heard that may be making changes have not declared whether playing 11 or 8 man.

Amherst
Arcadia-Loup City (heard they may split, not sure if reliable source)
Gordon-Rushville
St Pats

Arcadia-Loup City voted to keep the co-op on Monday, should be 8 man still.

Know if Winside will be 6 or 8 man?

Not sure. I have a colleague connected with that school....I'll ask. I think their board was going to discuss options this week. I'd assume (I'd hope) they'd go 6-man

Not sure. I have a colleague connected with that school....I'll ask. I think their board was going to discuss options this week. I'd assume (I'd hope) they'd go 6-man
They have to go 6 man. Their participation numbers have been so low the past 5 years. They are so landlocked, they don’t really have a good option to co-op unless they just went to Wayne.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT