ADVERTISEMENT

Football Complete 2018 and 2019 Schedules Released by NSAA

Wow Class B shaking it up the next couple years. How’s everyone feeling about a lot of those cross state trips for Class B? Definitely some intriguing games, and a chance for teams to play schools they don’t normally see

what else can they do other then play their own class. i get what your saying but class B stretches clear across the state. have fun driving 6 hours to go play a game.

A lot of tough schedules in C1 and C2.... and with both of those classes having the lowest percentage make the playoffs losing a few tough games early could really hurt you.
Ex Battle Creek could lose to Centennial, Oneill, Norfolk Catholic, and Hartington CC and go 5-4...
I know...I know "win the games you play"

A lot of tough schedules in C1 and C2.... and with both of those classes having the lowest percentage make the playoffs losing a few tough games early could really hurt you.
Ex Battle Creek could lose to Centennial, Oneill, Norfolk Catholic, and Hartington CC and go 5-4...
Meanwhile there will be teams in class be getting into the playoffs at 2-7 or 1-8.

what else can they do other then play their own class. i get what your saying but class B stretches clear across the state. have fun driving 6 hours to go play a game.
I have little sympathy for these teams that have to travel 6 hours to play McCook, Scottsbluff, Alliance, Gering, etc... C1-D2 has been doing that for decades.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
so you are saying 3-6 Oneill is a tough game, ??? Battle Creek only has 3 teams with a winning record last year on their schedule Not sure they are even in the conversation for one of the toughest schedules

so you are saying 3-6 Oneill is a tough game, ???
A team that last year lost to 6 playoff teams in C1to go 3-6 and has 43 more boys than BC, plus is two years removed from winning C1.... yes

I didn't say they had the toughest schedule I was using them as an example that good teams with rough schedules get left out of the playoffs in the C classes because they have a 16 team playoff and more schools than b and A.

A team that last year lost to 6 playoff teams in C1to go 3-6 and has 43 more boys than BC, plus is two years removed from winning C1.... yes
so they lost to every team with a winning record OK and welcome to the middle or lower half of C2, lots of teams will have more than you for a change : )

so they lost to every team with a winning record OK and welcome to the middle or lower half of C2, lots of teams will have more than you for a change : )
Idk why I even post on here.....

I'm not from BC using them as a reference ...

Trying to argue that 16 in the playoffs is too little when you cannot control your schedule...

Trying to argue that 16 in the playoffs is too little when you cannot control your schedule...
Oh yeah by all means just give up and blame someone for questioning your logic, OKay or just make your point You might find some agree

And 32 is too many. If you got 6-3 with a tough schedule you will more than likely get it. 16 is a good number. Playoffs births aren’t participation trophies like they are in 8 man.

Scotus has a tough go.

Aquinas
At Cental City
West Point-Beemer
At Pierce
At Raymond Central
Neumann
At Columbus Lakeview
Logan View/Scribner-Snyder
Wahoo

And 32 is too many. If you got 6-3 with a tough schedule you will more than likely get it. 16 is a good number. Playoffs births aren’t participation trophies like they are in 8 man.
I just feel like we can err on the side of letting more in. If you are the number 4 team in the state and have to play the number 1-3 but then beat teams with losing records you might not make it in.

Take a team that is not very talented and give them a very good coach. They work hard and do some really good football things but lose their first 3-4 games because of lesser talent but they then improve on their fundamentals and by the end of the year are firing on all cylinders and win out. This team, I feel, should be rewarded for their hard work.

We dont just play high school football to decide a champion, it is about way more than that.

And your schedule is out of your control.
You should not be faulted for something you have no control over. This isn't college football.

Also, I feel that everyone looks at 8 man D1 the last two years when they were diluted by ineligible teams as the reason to change the playoffs. Plenty of 7-1 or 6-2 8 man teams have traveled for first-round games before.

And if less in the playoffs is the way to go then make it for every class not just give the C classes the shaft. Losing record B teams will get in this year.

I just feel like we can err on the side of letting more in. If you are the number 4 team in the state and have to play the number 1-3 but then beat teams with losing records you might not make it in.

Take a team that is not very talented and give them a very good coach. They work hard and do some really good football things but lose their first 3-4 games because of lesser talent but they then improve on their fundamentals and by the end of the year are firing on all cylinders and win out. This team, I feel, should be rewarded for their hard work.

We dont just play high school football to decide a champion, it is about way more than that.

And your schedule is out of your control.
You should not be faulted for something you have no control over. This isn't college football.

Also, I feel that everyone looks at 8 man D1 the last two years when they were diluted by ineligible teams as the reason to change the playoffs. Plenty of 7-1 or 6-2 8 man teams have traveled for first-round games before.

And if less in the playoffs is the way to go then make it for every class not just give the C classes the shaft. Losing record B teams will get in this year.
In C2 next year 43% of the teams will get in, that is plenty
In C1 next year $38 get in that okay also

Reactions: northeastNebraska
so what percentage of teams should get in, ???????
60ish
I was looking up and Minnesota appears to let everyone in and has a huge bracket divided into 4 areas a lot like NCAA Bball, not saying that's right but they must not worry about handing out "participation trophies"

60ish
I was looking up and Minnesota appears to let everyone in and has a huge bracket divided into 4 areas a lot like NCAA Bball, not saying that's right but they must not worry about handing out "participation trophies"
Minnesota starts with Districts and then Sub districts and then sectional and the final 8 is call state playoffs
We have districts and if you expand to 32 that would be sub districts, 16 next would be sectionals and Final 8 in then called State playoffs
Basically what you have in 8-man and just get rid of the name state playoffs until final 8 teams, so now less teams can claim a T-shirt
Problem with this, is districts and sub districts can be very stacked and they have NO wildcard system, so if you are in a loaded district, you out of luck, only one is moving on

Last edited:
Minnesota starts with Districts and then Sub districts and then sectional and the final 8 is call state playoffs
We have districts and if you expand to 32 that would be sub districts, 16 next would be sectionals and Final 8 in then called State playoffs
Basically what you have in 8-man and just get rid of the name state playoffs until final 8 teams, so now less teams can claim a T-shirt
Problem with this, is districts and sub districts can be very stacked and they have NO wildcard system, so if you are in a loaded district, you out of luck, only one is moving on
Ah that’s good info, a lot like our basketball system then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT