ADVERTISEMENT

Football State Champ Predictions

nenebskers

All-Conference
Oct 18, 2013
Who is your favorite for each class this year? If you had to wager on only one would you take York in B or Norfolk Catholic in C2?

Both are pretty safe bets. But, I don't see as many roadblocks for the Knights in their quest for another state championship as I do for the Dukes.

I think with NC dropping to Class C-2, that Class C-1 is wide open. U could make a case for six or seven teams. Have to put Aurora near the top of the list with drop from Class B and difference maker at QB. Pierce will be much improved, played a bunch of young kids last year. Both Wahoo teams have a chance to make noise as well.

York in class B should be a lock. There are like 23 teams in the entire class now. Gretna, Elkhorn, Elkhorn South all move up to A. Aurora moves down to C1. It is Skutt, York, and McCook in class B.

I agree with your class B and C2 predictions. I think Aurora has to be the favorite for C1, and I’m looking forward to seeing how Riverside does in their first year of 8 man (D2)

The Knights will dominate C2 this year unless Piper and Kautz don't play, the QB is coming off a broken wrist so it might take some time to gell, you have the two headed monsters at running back and if Kautz can catch a pass or two look out they will or should be the gem of C2. p
Pierce will be solid in C1 as Braehmer or whatever the coaches name is will get his squad going and will contend for a spot in Lincoln along with Wahoo and the rest of C 1.

I agree that Norfolk Catholic is the favorite in C2, but they do open with Pierce and Aquinas. Two pretty tough games to open with. Not saying they'll open 0-2 at all, but....

Not many Class B teams in NE Nebraska, but I'd have a hard time betting against another York-Skutt final. Not sure what McCook has coming back, but Jeff Gross always puts a good team on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT