ADVERTISEMENT

Possible New Coops

I agree but this is much more on EH than Pender. When Pender approached them last fall about cooping football and EH declined it they dug their own grave IMO for the girls sports programs. On the flip side I think Pender is silly to not be welcoming to EH. EH will in all likely need to consolidate eventually and Pender may lose out in the long run. Unless they don't care about increasing their land area and tax base.

loveD2football, I can't see how these two communities move forward with track and field and etc....I believe EH's best hope this point going forward is Homer. They burnt a bridge with Allen, probably burnt the bridge with Pender, and now are in a real tough spot. When the leadership fails like this (administration and school board) students and families that live on the outskirts of the school district start option enrolling out rather quickly. Because of the botched leadership it may lead to the school ultimately being forced into consolidation sooner than they would have because of enrollment. From what I've heard some have already option enrolled out to Homer, Pender, and Wakefield over the past few months.
I’ve always felt Homer and EH would have been a better fit for each other than EH and Pender. Homer and Emerson are out on islands.

In my opinion i think Ponca will be fine as far as coops and consolidating go. Theres an elementary school in jackson (10 miles from ponca and 10 from south Sioux) that pumps a lot of kids out to ponca. Jackson has a brand new housing development thats pulled some parents from south Sioux and sioux city area. As far as the EH/pender situation goes it makes sense on paper but with the eh school in emerson, parents from the hubbard area would have to drive 25+ miles to watch a home sporting event or school event, assuming they alternated. Same with going with allen or wakefield and at this time of the year highway 35 from hubbard to emerson is not a good road to be on. Not saying Hubbard is a problem with the eh coop situation but its put parents from hubbard in a bind when homer(16 miles) ponca(19 miles) and south sioux(14 miles) are closer for home games and school events for parents then pender, allen or wakefield. Just an outsider looking in.

Side note, has pender looked at going with west point or Bancroft?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
In my opinion i think Ponca will be fine as far as coops and consolidating go. Theres an elementary school in jackson (10 miles from ponca and 10 from south Sioux) that pumps a lot of kids out to ponca. Jackson has a brand new housing development thats pulled some parents from south Sioux and sioux city area. As far as the EH/pender situation goes it makes sense on paper but with the eh school in emerson, parents from the hubbard area would have to drive 25+ miles to watch a home sporting event or school event, assuming they alternated. Same with going with allen or wakefield and at this time of the year highway 35 from hubbard to emerson is not a good road to be on. Not saying Hubbard is a problem with the eh coop situation but its put parents from hubbard in a bind when homer(16 miles) ponca(19 miles) and south sioux(14 miles) are closer for home games and school events for parents then pender, allen or wakefield. Just an outsider looking in.

Side note, has pender looked at going with west point or Bancroft?
Emerson-Hubbard is almost on an island. (Especially Hubbard) It would be almost best if that district dissolved and kids went to Wakefield, Pender, Homer, or Ponca.

Pender and Bancroft have always danced together but never wanted to get married. I think when Pender built their new gym and additions, they told BR. “All in Pender or nothing.”

I still will always say Bancroft-Rosalie and Pender are more of natural fit than BR and Lyons-Decatur. Just my opinion, but PBR has a nice ring to it.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT