State Championship picks

Antone13

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2013
Omaha Westside 34 Gretna 30. It will be an awesome game to watch
Bennington over Gross 28 to 16. Bennington just too much for Gross
Pierce over Aurora in a tight physical game. 28 to 26
Norfolk Catholic over Cedar Catholic in a low scoring physical game. 10 to 7
Neligh over Clarkson in the high scoring game 54 to 50.
H-D over HC in a physical ground and pound game by both teams. In a lower score than people would expect 24 to 20
Pawnee City over Parkview with the last one with the ball wins the game 56 to 54.

Gretna 36 - 27
Bennington 31 - 14
Aurora 41 - 21
Norfolk Catholic 20 - 6
Clarkson-Leigh 44 - 42
Hitchcock County 38 - 36 OT
Parkview Christian 45 - 24

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Hitchcock County 48 - 46 OT
That's a pretty high scoring game with both teams running the ball that much and taking their sweet time between downs.

I agree with antone13 and think it will be lower scoring than people think. First team to 32 wins.

Omaha Westside 34 Gretna 30. It will be an awesome game to watch
Bennington over Gross 28 to 16. Bennington just too much for Gross
Pierce over Aurora in a tight physical game. 28 to 26
Norfolk Catholic over Cedar Catholic in a low scoring physical game. 10 to 7
Neligh over Clarkson in the high scoring game 54 to 50.
H-D over HC in a physical ground and pound game by both teams. In a lower score than people would expect 24 to 20
Pawnee City over Parkview with the last one with the ball wins the game 56 to 54.
Gretna 38 Westside 28
Bennington 35 Gross 24
Pierce 31 Aurora 28
Catholic over Cedar 24-12
Neligh-Oakdale 42 Clarkson/Leigh 30
Howells-Dodge 28 Hitchcock 12
Pawnee City 48 Parkview 45

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
The D2 game will be one of the most physical games played this year.....or maybe any year in recent memory. I can't wait to watch it!!!
I would venture to guess that turnovers will be the key to winning that game.

If HC wants to win, they had better not turn it over and they better get lucky and get a turnover.

Gretna 36 - 27 this game will have some major hate in it
Bennington 31 - 14 they just seem to be that team this year
Aurora 42 - 14 Aurora is just to good
Norfolk Catholic 20 - 6. HC defense is good but offense is not
D-1 Toss up. weather will have an effect if windy but N.O. QB is special
Howells dodge 36-- 14. Sorry HD is just to much
Parkview Christian 70 - 44 wins the track meet

Last edited:
The first day of championships in Lincoln has finally arrived!

At least the weather won't be quite as cold as last week.

Good luck to all teams!

Gretna - Close
Bennington - Gross dream season comes to an end
Aurora - Not close
Norfolk Catholic - by 20+
N-O - Close
H-D - Closest of them all

That is a game that is going to be on replay a lot in local Southwest Nebraska bars for years to come.
Definitely! We are all very proud of them and their effort.

Probably will never make it to the championship ever again (or it might be awhile anyway...), let alone win it.

This was very special for our school system. That group of seniors boys had a special career (from peewee on up) and a very memorable season.

They are enjoying the heck out of the win right now and on cloud 9.

Definitely! We are all very proud of them and their effort.

Probably will never make it to the championship ever again (or it might be awhile anyway...), let alone win it.

This was very special for our school system. That group of seniors boys had a special career (from peewee on up) and a very memorable season.

They are enjoying the heck out of the win right now and on cloud 9.
I really like you pointing this out. Sometimes we minimize the accomplishments of these kids and schools when they even QUALIFY for a State Tournament or Playoff. Not every school has the luxury of "we will get them next year".

Congratulations are in order!

I was worried for Clarkson/Leigh due to their quality of opponents, but man they turned it on when it mattered.
They played better quality opponents than N-O. Their team defense matched with their ground and pound offense was too much for any of their playoff opponents. Their physicality won out in the end!

Reactions: REM3227
Gretna Qb is one of the best HS Qb that has played Nebraska HS football, Explain to me how the Huskers did not offer him a scholarship, and the kicker for Westside should have been offered one after the game last night!

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Gretna Qb is one of the best HS Qb that has played Nebraska HS football, Explain to me how the Huskers did not offer him a scholarship, and the kicker for Westside should have been offered one after the game last night!
1. Frost was incompetent, and
2. The Westside kicker WAS offered a scholie after the game last night!

Scott Frost was the worst coach and talent evaluator in the history of the Nebraska program. People told him about Flores, he didn't see it yet and probably got mad about people talking about him so much. Frost was a guy who always wanted to be right, always wanted to be the guy to say I told ya so. He thought he knew better and passing on Flores wasn't a mistake to him.

I wish I knew more about evaluating talent at the Division 1 level.

I am not saying Flores should or should not have been offered. I have no idea.

A couple observations from last night's game were that he did not have much pressure on him, and he threw 3 interceptions. He also had 3 TD passes dropped in one possession.

I have no idea how tall he is. Somewhere between 6'1" and 6'4" depending upon the recruiting service. He looks like he has some grow left.

Oklahoma State is likely a much better choice for him than Nebraska would have been.

I wish this young man the best. He is an absolute joy to watch.

The refs in the C2 game must’ve took a bet on Cedar having 0 points. Calling that Touchdown back for illegal touching is a joke, especially not to review it. Norfolk Catholic is the better team, but nothing like scoring on Memorial.

Reactions: GrizzzlyPanda
The refs in the C2 game must’ve took a bet on Cedar having 0 points. Calling that Touchdown back for illegal touching is a joke, especially not to review it. Norfolk Catholic is the better team, but nothing like scoring on Memorial.
he ran out of bonds and even caught the ball when he was out of bounds. Maybe you should watch the replay lol dont care either way but he was running in the white for like 5 steps my man

Reactions: dolezaljoe
Watch the replay again and listen to the commentary nut. Forced out and caught in bounds. Brandon Reilly’s catch against MSU in 2015 was illegal touching by 1,000 miles if that was illegal touching in the C2 game😂

Watch the replay again and listen to the commentary nut. Forced out and caught in bounds. Brandon Reilly’s catch against MSU in 2015 was illegal touching by 1,000 miles if that was illegal touching in the C2 game😂
very questionable if he was forced out, also he was out when he caught the ball, so would not of mattered for TD but maybe just maybe not the illegal touching but no TD no matter what. Also I am not 100% sure but I believe in High school it is illegal touching even if he is forced out The rule the TV guys thought they knew, is not the rule in high school football but thanks for your post that lacked any knowledge of facts or the rules of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: EndzoneView
Classic HCC take. 0 points scored by HCC against NC in two games. Come on man. Find another angle. NC is superior to the rest of C2 this year. End of conversation.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT