ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship picks

Those two programs have two coaches who are at the top of developing young kids into players that fit their programs. The proof has been in the product that each team has produced. Mid States is lucky to have them both.
I misread it. Thought it was a comparison to each other.

Brahmer got the C1 record for receiving yards in a C1 state championship game with that final touchdown. I don’t blame them.

Plus, I think many thought Pierce didn’t have a chance. They proved they were the better team.
I won't disagree Pierce was the better team. After that....I wasn't impressed with the cheap score. I didn't see the coaches shake hands, but maybe the cameras didn't capture that.

Just out of curiosity, what's the deal with Pierce running it up at the end? Is there bad blood between the two schools? I know...if you don't want the other team to score, stop them...but that last td with a minute to go seemed like a di** move.
I can see a couple different possibilities. There has been rumor that was Brahmer's last game as a coach. Maybe he wanted to keep his foot on the gas one last time. Sometimes a conservative play (not designed to score) is defended poorly and it just happens.

To me, the only di** move in coaching is if an opponent pulls their starters and the team with a big lead doesn't do the same.

I like your wording, if you don't want the other team to score, stop them. Well said.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
They played better quality opponents than N-O. Their team defense matched with their ground and pound offense was too much for any of their playoff opponents. Their physicality won out in the end!
I was going off of each team's Opponents Regular Season W-L Record. Granted it was only a 2 game difference, but I also thought N-O had a tougher playoff road than C-L.

I was going to be happy for whichever team had won.

Reactions: jahazard14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT