ADVERTISEMENT

Where will you be this week?

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
I'm thinking about heading to Wilber to see them take on Stanton. Either head that way or maybe head towards David City to see Aquinas Vs Norfolk Catholic. Where will you be?

I'm thinking about heading to Wilber to see them take on Stanton. Either head that way or maybe head towards David City to see Aquinas Vs Norfolk Catholic. Where will you be?
Pretty good double header in Kearney on Friday night. Grand Island @ Kearney High and returning state champs Scotus @ Kearney Catholic, who is likely the best team in C1 that nobody is talking about.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I will probably head over to Boys Town and catch their game vs. Fairbury.

It will be fun to see how C1 unfolds. Seems to have a lot of parity this year.

I think my pick would be Aquinas vs Norfolk Catholic. I believe that could be a good game to watch. Great match up between 2 of the smallest schools in the class.

I have not seen either team play this year, but have closely followed both. Norfolk Catholic's 3 losses by a total of 13 points and Aquinas' only loss coming in a game that was played in horribly wet conditions.

Class C1 is just so level at the top end.

Aquinas vs Norfolk Catholic would be my pick as well.. but I think that the more interesting game would be the winner of this game and O'Neill (if they take care of business vs Lakeview).

The road that Norfolk Catholic/Aquinas/O'Neill has to travel will be a meat-grinder. Whoever is the winner of these three most-likely get a very salty Arlington squad.

Oh yeah... then they will have to worry about one of the Wahoo teams, or a nice Kearney Catholic... or Scotus????

Should be fun...

Aquinas vs Norfolk Catholic would be my pick as well.. but I think that the more interesting game would be the winner of this game and O'Neill (if they take care of business vs Lakeview).

The road that Norfolk Catholic/Aquinas/O'Neill has to travel will be a meat-grinder. Whoever is the winner of these three most-likely get a very salty Arlington squad.

Oh yeah... then they will have to worry about one of the Wahoo teams, or a nice Kearney Catholic... or Scotus????

Should be fun...
Yeah I'm on the fence with Wilber/Stanton or Aquinas/Catholic. Pretty much the same distance for me being in Lincoln. I really want to see Kautz of NC live.

Kautz looked good as a freshmen last year in the title game. Norfolk Catholic-Aquinas is no doubt the headliner game. It will be a thriller, I'm sure. There are games that are flying under the radar in C2 that I think will be fun...

C2- Yutan/Centennial as a 1 vs 16 seed. Centennial beat Yutan by 2 early in the year. Horrible draw for them at 9-0.
C2- St Paul/Hershey as the 8-9 game. I am drawn to this matchup because of what Hershey did early in the season and what St Paul did late.
C2- Oakland-Craig vs Doniphan-Trumbull. I just want to see Hoss Smith vs Brad Baasch. Two of the toughest dudes in the state in any class.

Aquinas matchup is probably your best bet! I am planning on watching Wilber I think because I want to see this line that I'm hearing about!

My daughter is playing in a softball tourney in Lincoln, so the Aquinas-Catholic game will be right on our way. How many does that facility hold? Will they bring in extra seating? Just wondering what time I need to get there to get a seat!

All of the seating at Aquinas is on the north side of the field. If memory serves correctly, there is quite a bit of seating. Doubt they bring in extra.

My daughter is playing in a softball tourney in Lincoln, so the Aquinas-Catholic game will be right on our way. How many does that facility hold? Will they bring in extra seating? Just wondering what time I need to get there to get a seat!

I would suggest using a satellite view of the stadium on Google Maps. If you have never been there, the stadium is very unique. The seating starts at about the East goal line and it partially wraps around the West end-zone. The crown of the field is impressive as well... There will be a lot of down-hill running in this game. This bodes well for both squads.

I have only been there twice, but I really do like their setup.

data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8790d850bd6f28e3:0xf0c90a700043b552!8m2!3d41.2527908!4d-97.1300372

I would suggest using a satellite view of the stadium on Google Maps. If you have never been there, the stadium is very unique. The seating starts at about the East goal line and it partially wraps around the West end-zone. The crown of the field is impressive as well... There will be a lot of down-hill running in this game. This bodes well for both squads.

I have only been there twice, but I really do like their setup.

data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8790d850bd6f28e3:0xf0c90a700043b552!8m2!3d41.2527908!4d-97.1300372
This exactly. It's a great stadium to watch a game. Weird field l to play on (felt like you were so far away from the sidelines) we played their one time when I was in high school.

Going to watch your nephew play, to me that's the best thing about high school football, knowing the young men playing and having a personal connection. Enjoy the game!

Reactions: hailvictors2
I'm going to be in Wahoo for the Wahoo v. Gothenburg game. Since the game starts at 6, I may try to sneak out early in the 2nd half and go over to the Neumann v. Syracuse game. That will depend on how competitive the Wahoo game is. Anyone know anything about Gothenburg....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT