ADVERTISEMENT

You Don't Walk My Halls

Is nitpicking the difference between having home field advantage 1st round versus an away game with a 7.5 hour
You don't know what the replacement game or the result of replacement game would of been. A loss to a division 1 team may have been more points then whatever replacement game you got depending on the result. That is my point. So you don't even know if it cost you points or not.

Is nitpicking the difference between having home field advantage 1st round versus an away game with a 7.5 hour drive?
What seed were you? Was the before the NSAA had control of the 6 man division? What was your record before playoffs? Did the draw you have win state? Hypothetically would you have hosted first round? Did you lose a close game in the first round?

You really wouldn't be able to tell. It would depend on the replacement opponent and the result of that game. It is very possible it could of helped them and not hurt them. They loss to a division 1 team. If replacement was a Division 2 and they loss then the game against HLHF actually helped their position. If replace with a Division 3 team and they beat them that would only be a 2 point boost. At end of day all the crying about costing playoff position is just nitpicking.
EXACTLY my point. It is easy to not like the outcome without knowing what the alternative would have been.

You really wouldn't be able to tell. It would depend on the replacement opponent and the result of that game. It is very possible it could of helped them and not hurt them. They loss to a division 1 team. If replacement was a Division 2 and they loss then the game against HLHF actually helped their position. If replace with a Division 3 team and they beat them that would only be a 2 point boost. At end of day all the crying about costing playoff position is just nitpicking.
More ridiculous excuse making. It's not "nitpicking" when a cowardly, hedonistic desire to not play similar schools, instead to bully smaller ones, affects ANYONE else.
Buy your rings, print your shirts, heck, put up bilboards at the edge of town for all i care. Wakefield knows, deep down, exactly what they are. So does everyone else...

Depends on how you look at the situation.
I agree for some schools this would be a positive game, but just as that school had to opt down to field a team, some teams in the class D1 are in the same situation and then its hard to find a positive

Last edited:
More ridiculous excuse making. It's not "nitpicking" when a cowardly, hedonistic desire to not play similar schools, instead to bully smaller ones, affects ANYONE else.
Buy your rings, print your shirts, heck, put up bilboards at the edge of town for all i care. Wakefield knows, deep down, exactly what they are. So does everyone else...
I believe your response here is a little "intense". It is nitpicking. Nothing personal (which I believe you know because you and I see eye to eye on many issues).

I do agree that the opt down games should have no impact on Points. Just don't count the games for anything and they don't impact the average.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT