ADVERTISEMENT

2020-2021 Enrollments

They have to go 6 man. Their participation numbers have been so low the past 5 years. They are so landlocked, they don’t really have a good option to co-op unless they just went to Wayne.

And I don't think Wayne would take them, as they are so-close to being B that the few students they'd pick up will push them into B.

I wouldn't be surprised if Winside stays 8 man. It makes total sense for them to go 6 man, but it did in the last cycle too and they chose 8 man.

I don't understand what it takes to make a sensible decision, but this is a team that needs to go down from a participation standpoint alone.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
It
Southwest has one of the nicest small schools I’ve ever seen. Too bad they just don’t have the numbers.
It is a really nice school. However, it is a sprawling district made up of several tiny communities. They have some obstacles to participation that a one town school district like Bridgeport or a Parochial school in a 20,000 plus town like North Platte St. Pat’s doesn’t have

It

It is a really nice school. However, it is a sprawling district made up of several tiny communities. They have some obstacles to participation that a one town school district like Bridgeport or a Parochial school in a 20,000 plus town like North Platte St. Pat’s doesn’t have

Indianola is the largest community in that school district. Bartley is probably the second largest community and may have about 300 residents. The other communities within the school district are really tiny. Kids come from all over to attend school there.

They have to go 6 man. Their participation numbers have been so low the past 5 years. They are so landlocked, they don’t really have a good option to co-op unless they just went to Wayne.
they don't have to do anything, it's the choice of the school board.

Stanton would be smart to go to 8 man, they would compete then and not get blown out by the bigger class c 2 squads

Shelton is holding a special meeting on Wednesday to decide on co-oping with Wood River for the 2020-2021 football seasons. Their junior high co-op has been successful. They would be C1.

Declarations as of Monday, December 2, 2019

11-man
Adams Central
Alliance
Arlington
Ashland-Greenwood
Auburn
Aurora
Bancroft-Rosalie/Lyons-Decatur
Battle Creek
Beatrice
Bellevue East
Bellevue West
Bennington
Blair
Boone Central/Newman Grove
Boys Town
Bridgeport
Broken Bow
Centennial
Central City
Centura
Chadron
Chase County
Columbus
Columbus Lakeview
Columbus Scotus
Cozad
Crete
Crofton
David City
David City Aquinas
Doniphan-Trumbull
Douglas County West
Elkhorn
Elkhorn Mt. Michael
Elkhorn North
Elkhorn South
Fairbury
Falls City
Fillmore Central
Fort Calhoun
Fremont Bergan
Fremont
Gering
Gibbon (opt down to Class C2)
Gordon-Rushville (opt down to Class C2)
Gothenburg
Grand Island
Grand Island Central Catholic
Grand Island Northwest
Gretna
Hartington Cedar Catholic
Hastings
Hastings St. Cecilia
Hershey
Holdrege
Kearney
Kearney Catholic
Lexington
Lincoln Christian
Lincoln East
Lincoln High
Lincoln Lutheran
Lincoln North Star
Lincoln Northeast
Lincoln Pius X
Lincoln Southeast
Lincoln Southwest
Logan View/Scribner-Snyder
Louisville
Malcolm
McCook
Milford
Millard North
Millard South
Millard West
Minden
Mitchell
Nebraska City (opt down to Class C1)
Norfolk
Norfolk Catholic
Norris
North Bend
North Platte
North Platte St. Patrick's
O'Neill
Oakland-Craig
Ogallala
Omaha Benson
Omaha Burke
Omaha Central
Omaha Concordia
Omaha Creighton Prep
Omaha Gross/Cornerstone Christian
Omaha North
Omaha Northwest
Omaha Roncalli
Omaha Skutt
Omaha South
Omaha Westside
Ord
Papillion-LaVista
Papillion-LaVista South
Pierce
Platteview
Plattsmouth
Ponca
Ralston
Raymond Central
Sandy Creek
Schuyler (opting down to Class C1)
Scottsbluff
Seward
Shelton/Wood River
Sidney
South Sioux City (opting down to Class B)
St. Paul
Superior
Sutton
Syracuse
Tekamah-Herman
Twin River
Valentine (opting down to Class C2)
Wahoo
Wahoo Neumann
Waverly
Wayne
West Point-Beemer
Wilber-Clatonia
York
Yutan

8-man
Ainsworth
Allen
Alma
Amherst
Anselmo-Merna
Ansley/Litchfield
Arapahoe
Arcadia/Loup City
Atkinson West Holt
Axtell
Bayard
Bertrand
Bloomfield
Blue Hill
Boyd County
Brady
Bruning-Davenport/Shickley
Burwell
Cambridge
Cedar Bluffs
Central Valley
Chambers/Wheeler Central
Clarkson/Leigh
Conestoga
Creighton
Cross County
Diller-Odell
Dundy County-Stratton
East Butler
Elgin/Elgin Pope John
Elkhorn Valley
Elm Creek
Elmwood-Murdock
Emerson-Hubbard
Exeter-Milligan/Friend
Falls City Sacred Heart
Freeman
Fullerton
Garden County
Giltner
Guardian Angels Central Catholic
Hartington-Newcastle
Heartland
Hemingford
Hi-Line (Eustis-Farnam/Elwood)
High Plains
Hitchcock County
Homer
Howells-Dodge
Humboldt-Table Rock-Steinauer
Humphrey/Lindsay Holy Family
Humphrey St. Francis
Hyannis
Johnson-Brock
Johnson County Central
Kenesaw
Kimball
Laurel-Concord-Coleridge
Lawrence-Nelson
Leyton
Loomis
Lutheran High Northeast
Madison
Maxwell
Maywood/Hayes Center
Mead
Medicine Valley
Morrill
Mullen
Nebraska Christian
Nebraska City Lourdes
Nebraska Lutheran
Neligh-Oakdale
Niobrara/Verdigre
North Central
O'Neill St. Mary's
Omaha Brownell-Talbot
Omaha Christian/Omaha Street School
Osceola
Osmond
Overton
Palmer
Palmyra
Pender
Perkins County
Plainview
Pleasanton
Randolph
Ravenna
Riverside
Sandhills Valley (Stapleton/McPherson County)
Sandhills/Thedford
Shelby/Rising City
South Loup
Southern
Southern Valley
Stanton
Summerland
Sutherland
Thayer Central
Tri County
Twin Loup
Wakefield
Walthill
Wausa
Weeping Water
Winside
Wisner-Pilger
Wynot

6-Man
Arthur County
Banner County
Cody-Kilgore
Crawford
Creek Valley
Deshler
Dorchester
Elba
Franklin
Hampton
Harvard
Hay Springs
Heartland Lutheran
Lewiston
McCool Junction
Meridian
Minatare
Parkview Christian
Pawnee City
Paxton
Potter-Dix
Red Cloud
Santee
Silver Lake
Sioux County
South Platte
Southwest
Spalding Academy
St. Edward
Sterling
Stuart
Sumner-Eddyville-Miller
Wallace
Wauneta-Palisade
Wilcox-Hildreth

Not Fielding NSAA Teams
College View Academy
Omaha Nation
Quest Forward Academy
Winnebago

Last edited:
Looking at the list just reminds me how silly it is that these schools have to make a decision for the school year 2021 right now when half the high school enrollment they will have is in Jr High right now.

Add to the equation proposals for 9 man, increased 8 man enrollments, decreasing participation, and coop talks with neighboring schools and it really does seem like the cart is ahead of the horse on this.

Looking at the list just reminds me how silly it is that these schools have to make a decision for the school year 2021 right now when half the high school enrollment they will have is in Jr High right now.

Add to the equation proposals for 9 man, increased 8 man enrollments, decreasing participation, and coop talks with neighboring schools and it really does seem like the cart is ahead of the horse on this.

Amen!

Preach

Reactions: MacMan92

I don't disagree, but typically for football, those proposals are always dated out so that they go into effect one cycle away, not right away in the coming year. With the coming year being a new cycle, that may be different for some of the proposals...but I feel like the NSAA takes some liberty with when the proposer had originally intended them to go into effect vs. when they actually do go into effect. But my perception may not be reality.

Last edited:
I suppose there is some truth to that but then you also are talking about the process it takes to come up with classifications, district assignments, schedules and the mad dash that takes place to schedule your officials before others grab them.

Where do you want to change the timeline? How far back do you push everything?

I noticed on the decleration list today that Winnebago and Omaha Nation both have N/A listed. Does this mean they are doing the All Nations League in South Dakota?

I noticed on the decleration list today that Winnebago and Omaha Nation both have N/A listed. Does this mean they are doing the All Nations League in South Dakota?

That was the talk, but not sure if they have decided for sure or not

I've updated the list above with a few new declarations:

- Fillmore Central has declared for 11-man

- Allen, Riverside, Summerland and Sutherland have declared for 8-man

- Winnebago and Omaha Nation are listed as N/A, so I'm assuming they are moving forward with their intentions of joining the All-Nations Football Conference in South Dakota.

I talked to a coach in that area recently. He did say that Doniphans numbers were getting low. Especially in JH. But he didn’t mention how much.

I will throw this out again. Something needs to change and it may take the NSAA making a unilateral decision as opposed to waiting for the glacial pace of the legislative process. By my count there were 7 forfeits in 11 man, 18 including two full seasons in 8 man and 6 in 6 man. Not much can be done for 6 man other than schools looking to coop but the others can be helped significantly by an increase in the cut off number. If no change can be implemented until the 22-23 season, expect to see much the same as participation rates continue to decline.

Looks like C2 could be very small.

Is the Wood River/Shelton Co-Op happening?

Anybody hear about decisions from:
NP St. Pat's
Hastings St. Cecilia
Doniphan-Trumbull
Johnson County Central
Conestoga
Stanton
Superior
Sandy Creek
Freeman
Gordon Rushville (Could be C1?)

Teams that were 8man, but could have C2 numbers:
Ainsworth
Ravenna
Palmyra
Lutheran High Northeast
Perkins County
Wakefield

Shelby-Rising City is dropping down to 8man

C2 teams bumping up to C1? -
St. Paul
North Bend?
Battle Creek?
Gibbon?
Gordon-Rushville? (Maybe 8man?)

C1 teams close to dropping to C2?
Lincoln Lutheran?
Neumann?
Ord?
Fillmore Central?
Kearney Catholic?
Lincoln Christian?
Chase County?

C2 could be in the low to mid 30's pretty easily.
lets update this list as we know, southern valley is going 8-man

Talk to an AD and have it proposed. The NSAA implements what the district schools vote on. Just an FYI
I'm aware of how the process works. There is a proposal being voted on in the near future, but that will not go into effect until the 22-23 season leaving us with 2 more years of forfeits. I would think when something needs done that would be beneficial to everyone, some kind of exception to the mind numbingly slow process can be made.

I'm aware of how the process works. There is a proposal being voted on in the near future, but that will not go into effect until the 22-23 season leaving us with 2 more years of forfeits. I would think when something needs done that would be beneficial to everyone, some kind of exception to the mind numbingly slow process can be made.
It was voted down two years ago, so blame the schools

Not that it means anything, but also found it interesting that Lyons-Decator has declared 11-man, but Bancroft-Rosalie has not declared. Are they possibly not renewing the BRLD football co-op?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT