ADVERTISEMENT

Football ****Complete Listing of Games for Week #0****

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Never thought it'd actually get here, but it's now game week, for a few schools. Here's hoping we get a full season in!

Friday - August 21

CLASS A

Hastings (B) (0-0) at Lincoln North Star (0-0)

CLASS B
Hastings (0-0) at Lincoln North Star (A) (0-0)

CLASS C1
Sandy Creek (C2) (0-0) at Schuyler (0-0)

CLASS C2
Sandy Creek (0-0) at Schuyler (C1) (0-0)

CLASS D1
Cross County (0-0) at Blue Hill (D2) (0-0)
Laurel-Concord-Coleridge (0-0) at Homer (D2) (0-0)

CLASS D2
Cross County (D1) (0-0) at Blue Hill (0-0)
Laurel-Concord-Coleridge (D1) (0-0) at Homer (0-0)

Interesting schedule. With the exception of LCC v Homer, those are all what I would call cross-sectional games. Always fun.

Any idea if the 'replacement games' that don't count for NSAA playoffs will show up in the NSAA schedule/results pages? The ones they leave up as an archive?

Interesting schedule. With the exception of LCC v Homer, those are all what I would call cross-sectional games. Always fun.

Any idea if the 'replacement games' that don't count for NSAA playoffs will show up in the NSAA schedule/results pages? The ones they leave up as an archive?

No idea ...well find out soon enough

I was planning to go to Seacrest for Hastings's first game there since 1993 Class A title win over LSE, but they are only allowing immediate family at game. Restrictions anywhere else?

Other than Lincoln Public Schools, I have not heard of any attendance restrictions anywhere else yet.

I just read McCook had over 600 for a "scrimmage" last Friday night.
Saw on Norris softball Twitter that only immediate family for their jamboree scrimmage this week & masks required.

Saw on Norris softball Twitter that only immediate family for their jamboree scrimmage this week & masks required.

I think a lot of school districts will have restrictions in place, I just haven't seen many posted yet other than LPS, and now Norris.

The local health districts are dictating the number of people allowed at school events. Your location and the rate of infection in your area determines what percentage of capacity is allowable. Most places right now must operate at 50% of capacity for indoor events and 75% of capacity for outdoor events. Each school must then decide how they will divvy up the available seats. I’m guessing most places will give each athlete an allotment of tickets for each game.

Here’s where people will probably do the most whining. Most schools (I hope) will also most likely continue to mandate 6 feet of distance between non-family groups and the wearing of masks. If either of these are a problem for you, don’t go.

If you’re spending time on this board it means you love HS sports and want to see them played. For this to happen everyone needs to do the right thing. Social distance, wear a mask and stay home from places not encouraging you to do these things. I truly believe for this to work it’s the adults that need to get on board and be responsible much more than it is the kids right now.

Depends on the school district. I'm covering the Anselmo-Merna game next week and they're limiting it to immediate family plus up to two guests per player, which must be registered with the AD ahead of time.

Reactions: TC53
Metro Conference announced yesterday they are limiting attendance at events to four family members per student and masks are required, even for outdoor events and family groups must maintain at least 6 feet of separation.

- applies to all activities (sports, fine arts, etc)
- no student sections at games, and concessions will be up to each individual school
- visiting schools may not bring dance teams or bands; home marching bands may perform at halftime of football games
- players not actively participating in games must wear masks; coaches must wear masks at all times
- hand-washing and sanitizing should be done upon arrival at an event and throughout the contest
- all players must have personal water bottles
- game officials are encouraged to wear masks
- visiting teams may not be provided a locker room; social distancing in locker rooms is an expectation

Metro Conference announced yesterday they are limiting attendance at events to four family members per student and masks are required, even for outdoor events and family groups must maintain at least 6 feet of separation.

- applies to all activities (sports, fine arts, etc)
- no student sections at games, and concessions will be up to each individual school
- visiting schools may not bring dance teams or bands; home marching bands may perform at halftime of football games
- players not actively participating in games must wear masks; coaches must wear masks at all times
- hand-washing and sanitizing should be done upon arrival at an event and throughout the contest
- all players must have personal water bottles
- game officials are encouraged to wear masks
- visiting teams may not be provided a locker room; social distancing in locker rooms is an expectation
I have not heard of a school who is not limiting to family members only yet

how can game officials wear masks and blow the whistle, you don't have it in your mouth the entire play and then how are you going to remove the mask to blow the whistle to end the play, they are going to need more then two hands to get all that done.

how can game officials wear masks and blow the whistle, you don't have it in your mouth the entire play and then how are you going to remove the mask to blow the whistle to end the play, they are going to need more then two hands to get all that done.

There are hand-held electronic whistles that may be an option.

Electronic whistles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT