ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Changes

Reese (Loomis) announced his retirement at the end of this year actually a year ago per AD Drew Billeter.
Jones (Maxwell) just stepped down from coaching, son is a freshman at NP and would like to attend his activities.

Wayne will have an opening for head coach. Heard from a guy in Wayne that their coach resigned.

Wayne will have an opening for head coach. Heard from a guy in Wayne that their coach resigned.
Interesting. Coach Plager hadn't been the head coach there very long and obviously had some great teams. I think he is the principal at an elementary school in town? Also of note, he is scheduled to coach in the Shrine Bowl this summer.

Interesting. Coach Plager hadn't been the head coach there very long and obviously had some great teams. I think he is the principal at an elementary school in town? Also of note, he is scheduled to coach in the Shrine Bowl this summer.

Yes, he is the elementary principal in Wayne. He's been head coach for four years

What happened to Bellevue East's HC? I thought he got there only a year or two ago?

Hemingford will be open. Jordan Haas, who is a professor at Chadron St. now, will be stepping down from coaching the Bobcats after an impressive 11 year run which included the 2013 D1 Runner up and the 2014 D1 state title.

Weeping Water will be open. Joel Haveman is going to Morningside in 21-22 as an asst. men's BB Coach

On nebraskaeducationjob.ne.gov it shows Broken Bow is open anyone know anything about this?

That's from 2019. Carlie just took that job this year and with his two oldest boys as a senior and a junior on that team, there's no way he won't be the coach.

Gross finishes his career at McCook with a 208-53 record, which included a 38-game winning streak, still the longest streak in Class B history.

Led McCook to the playoffs 22 times, including state championships in 2002 and 2003 and runner-up finishes in 2004, 2005 and 2007.

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
Speaking of Elgin. It’s still would’ve been the coolest thing if Elgin public could’ve won the class D2 final in 2007 when Pope John won it later that night. It was just amazing both those teams made it in the same year.

Reactions: DonlugoQ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT