Cozad
Hemingford
Loomis
Maxwell
McCook
North Bend
Wayne
Weeping Water

Word on the street is McCook is set to interview 3. 1 current assistant, 1 assistant from the metro, and 1 hc from the central part of the state.

Word on the street is McCook is set to interview 3. 1 current assistant, 1 assistant from the metro, and 1 hc from the central part of the state.
McCook is intriguing to me. Before Gross they had two state runner ups, (1980 and 1994) nothing to scoff at. But only two playoff appearances in the 80’s, and a lot of first and second round exits in the 90’s.

Also, what is bringing people back to McCook? Can they continue to maintain steady success with a new staff? Will they be Class B in 2030?

Bellevue East
Cozad
Hemingford
Loomis
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend
Wayne
Weeping Water

Tough for Norfolk. Replaced their hoops coach last spring, now have to find a football coach. Norfolk would be a tough job to fill with Pierce, Battle Creek, NC and Stanton success.

what does Norfolk catholic stanton pierce and battle creek have to do with the opening in Norfolk, I will tell you, absolutely nothing.
Coach O is a great guy and good coach but lacked quality athletes the last few years, happy for him that he is getting out now he deserves it.

Reactions: Llama57
I heard today that Beatrice informed their football coach he won't be back next year.

what does Norfolk catholic stanton pierce and battle creek have to do with the opening in Norfolk, I will tell you, absolutely nothing.
Coach O is a great guy and good coach but lacked quality athletes the last few years, happy for him that he is getting out now he deserves it.
Yeah, what an 8 man team 25 miles down the road has to do with a class A program, I'm not sure either. Just my opinion

Beatrice
Bellevue East
Cozad
Hemingford - Dean
Loomis
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend
Wayne
Weeping Water

Llama57 I concur with your opinion as well. Stanton had success this year in the first year they went 8 man but in the last 10 years they were average at best due to lack of kids in the program hell they only had about 20-25 out and you can't compete in 11 man with no kid's, smartest move they did was go 8 man. but again i don't see how this effects the opening for football in Norfolk or the success the other schools have had, I don't see any of those head coaches moving to Norfolk to become the Panthers head coach

Maybe Northeast means that the Norfolk program could be affected when people move into that area. A possible scenario would be that the parents get jobs in Norfolk and look at school options. They have a kid who is a football player and see schools such as Pierce and Battle Creek are traditionally good and have a lot of playoff appearances and a lot of winning seasons. They generally don't have to travel as far for games. They are also usually close in enrollment to the schools they play. The parents decide that they could live in Pierce or Battle Creek and drive to Norfolk for work. I have no examples to cite, but assume this has happened in some cases. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.

In other cases Norfolk may have been helped by the situation they are in. Maybe there have been kids who wanted to play in the biggest class in the state. Their family moved into the area, looked at the school options and chose to go to Norfolk High.

Maybe Northeast means that the Norfolk program could be affected when people move into that area. A possible scenario would be that the parents get jobs in Norfolk and look at school options. They have a kid who is a football player and see schools such as Pierce and Battle Creek are traditionally good and have a lot of playoff appearances and a lot of winning seasons. They generally don't have to travel as far for games. They are also usually close in enrollment to the schools they play. The parents decide that they could live in Pierce or Battle Creek and drive to Norfolk for work. I have no examples to cite, but assume this has happened in some cases. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it.
That is what I was getting at. Norfolk has some good options in surround towns. Not saying a lot of kids are leaving NPS, but just stating options outside of town.

Tye Spies will be the next HC at Loomis. Played high school ball at Mullen and had a pretty solid collegiate career at UNK. He has been an assistant at Cambridge the last two years. I'll be interested in seeing what type of offense he runs, ground and pound like he played or sling it like Cambridge...

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Beatrice
Bellevue East
Cozad
Hemingford - Dean
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend
Wayne
Weeping Water

Tye Spies will be the next HC at Loomis. Played high school ball at Mullen and had a pretty solid collegiate career at UNK. He has been an assistant at Cambridge the last two years. I'll be interested in seeing what type of offense he runs, ground and pound like he played or sling it like Cambridge...
I coached Tye at the Western Nebraska All Star game in 2013 and in one week of being around the young man was just blown away with his effort, respect for others, knowledge of the game, and to this day still calls me coach. Loomis got themselves a GREAT ONE!

Reactions: runningback43
so Northeast you think they would hire a coach and have his kids attend a different school, i highly doubt that will happen.

so Northeast you think they would hire a coach and have his kids attend a different school, i highly doubt that will happen.
Not what I’m saying, not trying to take a dig at Norfolk High.

What I’m saying is the Norfolk job is interesting because of the surrounding schools. The surrounding schools have had success, especially Pierce, Catholic and Battle Creek. Does it effect NHS in the field? I’m not sure, but it’s just interesting to me.

Plus Norfolk being in Class A does not help them. Just like it doesn’t help Fremont or North Platte.

Beatrice
Bellevue East
BRLD
Cozad
Hemingford - Dean
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend
Wayne
Weeping Water

I coached Tye at the Western Nebraska All Star game in 2013 and in one week of being around the young man was just blown away with his effort, respect for others, knowledge of the game, and to this day still calls me coach. Loomis got themselves a GREAT ONE!
I’ve known his parents for a long time and he was friends with my son in high school. Great family, great kid, congratulations

North Bend will be filled by Dan Maresh who has been at BRLD. Dan is one of the greatest offensive minds I've been around, his X's and O's skills are off the charts and he's even a better guy. North Bend's kids are going to have a hell of a role model to look up to. I bet those guys are going to win some games as well lol!

North Bend will be filled by Dan Maresh who has been at BRLD. Dan is one of the greatest offensive minds I've been around, his X's and O's skills are off the charts and he's even a better guy. North Bend's kids are going to have a hell of a role model to look up to. I bet those guys are going to win some games as well lol!
Great hire by NBC. NBC has an excellent school system. This is an upgrade for Coach Maresh. Hope he does well.

Beatrice
Bellevue East
BRLD
Cozad
Hemingford - Dean
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend - Maresh
Wayne
Weeping Water