ADVERTISEMENT

Amherst...FKC or LouPlatte

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
Looking at boys classifications for boys basketball this year, Amherst is the third largest school in C2. Girls are in the middle of C2. It doesn't look like their growth will stop either with the growth of Kearney.

Does Amherst look to leave the FKC for the LouPlatte anytime soon? I know the FKC is very competitive, but it's mostly D1 and D2 schools. Not sure Amherst fits in that league anymore?

New LouPlatte
Amherst
Arcadia-Loup City
Central City
Centura
D-T
Gibbon
Ord
Ravenna
St. Paul
Wood River

Looking at boys classifications for boys basketball this year, Amherst is the third largest school in C2. Girls are in the middle of C2. It doesn't look like their growth will stop either with the growth of Kearney.

Does Amherst look to leave the FKC for the LouPlatte anytime soon? I know the FKC is very competitive, but it's mostly D1 and D2 schools. Not sure Amherst fits in that league anymore?

New LouPlatte
Amherst
Arcadia-Loup City
Central City
Centura
D-T
Gibbon
Ord
Ravenna
St. Paul
Wood River
I would agree with this completely. They would fit perfectly in the LouPlatte.

I hope this happens and Bertrand slides over to the FKC it just makes sense. Maybe send Hi line to the RPAC and also send Alma to the FKC.
I'm not sure if Alma quite fits in the FKC, granted they don't really fit in the RPAC except they seem to be kinda attached to Southern Valley. I think I would rather see them be in the TVC over the FKC.

I agree wanted to keep fkc at 10 schools. Kenesaw was in the fkc years ago. Hi line and Amherst have always felt out of place

I agree with Amherst to the Lou-Platte. Bertrand to the FKC makes sense due to the Co-op’s with Loomis. Alma has always been in a strange situation logistically speaking.
When the RVL added Dundy County it gave both schools an opponent over 130 miles away. When the RVL became the RPAC it added schools that have no logistical relevancy to Alma.
The TVC has schools that years ago were a part of the RVL. Alma could make that conference work except for the Co-op’s with Southern Valley in cross country and softball. Southern Valley is the closest school to an in county opponent for Alma.

I agree wanted to keep fkc at 10 schools. Kenesaw was in the fkc years ago. Hi line and Amherst have always felt out of place
What if Shelton and Bertrand came in? Shelton is the only school north of I-80 in the TVC. Furthest road trip for them would be Loomis at 60 miles. Basketball teams have been good recently, XC and track teams are pretty good. Enrollment is similar to other FKC schools.

Hi-Line should be in the RPAC.

What if Shelton and Bertrand came in? Shelton is the only school north of I-80 in the TVC. Furthest road trip for them would be Loomis at 60 miles. Basketball teams have been good recently, XC and track teams are pretty good. Enrollment is similar to other FKC schools.

Hi-Line should be in the RPAC.
Doesn’t Shelton have co-op’s with Wood River in multiple sports?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT