ADVERTISEMENT

Football Benson cancels remainder of season

Didn’t they have a significant coaching change that cause alot of players to transfer out last year or 2 years ago?
Yes, Mackey and Abdul were there and kind of had some things moving in the right direction. A connection to the 7v7 circuit. When they left for Central there were 15-20 players follow them there.

Yes, Mackey and Abdul were there and kind of had some things moving in the right direction. A connection to the 7v7 circuit. When they left for Central there were 15-20 players follow them there.
Jim Rose said that when Mackey left he took his assistant to Central to be the Recruiting Coordinator.

The sad thing about all of this that there is a high school in the state of Nebraska that has a recruiting coordinator for a high school football team.

Reactions: jonh142881
It shows me that OPS doesn’t really care about the Benson’s and the Bryan's, etc. as they let it happen.
so you want OPS board to hand pick who gets to transfer ? This is a result of parents getting what they want and soon school vouchers will be a even bigger mess and the death of high school sports in Nebraska

They should get a chance to opt down to class B. Open enrollment in Lincoln/Omaha has created a monster that needs to be dealt with. How about sitting out a year if you transfer, and you have to live in the district? The open enrollment problem is not new, but its made the entire metro a joke unless you are the top couple schools for each sport. How can we say this is nothing more than a sports first attitude? Aren't we here for the kids' well being? Also, if a coach is destroying an opponent, and they know its no contest, suit up younger guys and take the foot off the pedal so you don't get a bunch of guys hurt.

so you want OPS board to hand pick who gets to transfer ? This is a result of parents getting what they want and soon school vouchers will be a even bigger mess and the death of high school sports in Nebraska
I was referring to the coach assigning the job of Recruiting Coordinator to one of his assistant coaches. To me that is a failure of OPS allowing that title to exist.

School voucher system won’t pass if the votes left up to the general public
I hope your right but look how easily open enrollment was slipped through. Not one Coach thought this wouldn't turn into a recruiting nightmare NOW we have added NIL to this as well This is only the beginning of the mess to come. In the next several years if add the Voucher system to this, well then you can spell the end of high school sports as we know it.

It's apparent to see that open enrollment/recruiting has taken over the Metro schools and is ruining high school sports in Nebraska.

I understand that open enrollment is a factor here, but set that aside for a moment.

Even without open enrollment, Benson has a serious participation problem.

What I personally believe should be researched is the possibility of a football co-op between some of the metro schools that are having this issue. I understand that opting down is something that some believe would help. However, that doesn't really help unless the opt down is from 11 man to 8 man, or 8 man to 6 man. Class A to B won't help because they don't have enough kids to even be playing 11 man. If Benson has 25 and Bryan has 25, at least they can play Varsity and JV football.

I understand that open enrollment is a factor here, but set that aside for a moment.

Even without open enrollment, Benson has a serious participation problem.

What I personally believe should be researched is the possibility of a football co-op between some of the metro schools that are having this issue. I understand that opting down is something that some believe would help. However, that doesn't really help unless the opt down is from 11 man to 8 man, or 8 man to 6 man. Class A to B won't help because they don't have enough kids to even be playing 11 man. If Benson has 25 and Bryan has 25, at least they can play Varsity and JV football.
Great point, so to help this some vision by Admin to do some coop in lincoln and omaha are Thats a great idea

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT