ADVERTISEMENT

C-2 Favorites/Picks

Sep 30, 2009
How good are teams up northeast like Ponca and Hartington CC? I don't get to watch any football around there so I am just curious how good these teams are. Looking forward to watching the playoffs progress!

Did Crofton and Battle Creek lose a lot? I see their schedules have some tough games, but wasn't sure compared to last year's squads how much they each dropped off.

C2 is wide open. Centennial, Arcadia-Loup City, Ponca, Hartington Cedar Catholic, and Valentine are the front runners in my opinoion

Oakland-Craig hasn't been impressive to me. They haven't beaten any division 1 teams and their only two wins over division 2 teams are by a combined 7 points, one in OT. They also struggled with division 3 BRLD.

Yutan has a win over Wilber, which is impressive. They seem to be "themselves" now, but we will know more after the Lincoln Lutheran game.

Centennial hasn't really been battle tested yet.
Sutton could be a dark-horse. They are always one of the more physical teams in C2
Valentine has the best defense in C2 in my opinion, but I haven't seen everyone.

I'm going to be really interested in the Ponca-HCC outcome, as will everyone else. I don't know that football in the northeast is as balanced as it usually is. The last few years it has been one of those districts where anyone can beat anyone. That is not true this year. Outside of Ponca-HCC, I think those teams are down. Stanton is not themselves. Crofton graduated a ton. LHNE is not a playoff team. Even Battle Creek is not who they usually are.

Arcadia-LC has some good wins, but they are beat up right now.

I think C2 is completely wide open. Oakland-Craig was a 50/50 call away from defeating Ponca. Yutan has some iffy losses, but I would not be surprised at all to see them playing into late November. Arcadia/LC seems like the real deal as well. My main dark horse is Battle Creek. They're a few plays away from being 7-1.

Can't wait to watch this class unfold!

I have seen a few of the teams so far. I think Ponca,HCC, ALC, Centennial, Valentine are the best.

Valentine's Defense is very very good so they will definitely have a shot

ALC depends on health. If they get their RB back I think they have just as good of a chance as any. (Beat CC without their top 3 RB's last week)

Centennial looks tough with their passing attack (can they run the ball effectively or will a strong wind hurt them?)

HCC and Ponca both look very tough. If I were to bet on a champion it would be one of these two

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT