ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Cameron Riggs

sportsjunkie2030

Freshman
Nov 6, 2017
I don't follow wrestling very closely, but Mr Riggs' situation has caught my eye. From what I know he transferred from North Platte St. Pats to Maxwell after the deadline, and was ruled ineligible to wrestle until after districts by the NSAA Board of Directors. Just today I received word that he is now eligible to wrestle for Maxwell. I've never seen the Board of Directors go back on their initial ruling so that really caught my eye! Anyone know why he is now eligible? Nonetheless, congrats to Cameron and and I wish him luck on his journey to being a 4x state champ.

They live in North Platte but tried to establish residency in Maxwell. The problem is that he was still living and commuting from North Platte to Maxwell (7 minute drive) even though the family owned a house in Maxwell. Evidently they must have proven that he is now living in Maxwell to overturn the decision.

The family lives in North Platte. Not too ar from St Pats if I've been told correctly. There , apparently, is a trailer house being rented in Maxwell. Wouldn't surprise me. Almost nothing in the way of actual housing in Maxwell. Also been told, and I have no way of verifying that their actual home in North Platte is being leased back to a Riggs family company, maybe a ranch trust or something. Who knows. Nothing seems too crazy to believe with everybody and every entity that's involved. Any way, I wish the kids well and hope it works out for them. Feel free to correct anything with updated info.

Last edited:
Reactions: northeastNebraska
Unpopular opinion here I’m sure... if he’s so good at wrestling, why doesn’t he go to North Platte High & try his hand at Class A?

Unpopular opinion here I’m sure... if he’s so good at wrestling, why doesn’t he go to North Platte High & try his hand at Class A?

I know very little about wrestling, but my friends that used to wrestle and wrestle at a high level stated that Class A is not the class of the best wrestling in this state. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but that's what my friends from various corners of the state have said in the past.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Better question is, what is to gain from transferring to Maxwell a quarter of the way into his senior year? They are in the same district and class and they go to many of the same meets. If there is really a problem with the relationships his family had at St. Pats, wouldn't it have been a lot less hassle to get your poop in a group in advance so that you didn't risk being ineligible?

Apparently the original conflict with St. Pats has something to do with what's being taught in a science class. What that mean's I leave up to your imagination...

The house is North Platte is now being sold to an individual. Earnest money has been received and the contract is drawn up.....All items have been removed from the house there.....establishing the only residence they have to now be in Maxwell.

The house is North Platte is now being sold to an individual. Earnest money has been received and the contract is drawn up.....All items have been removed from the house there.....establishing the only residence they have to now be in Maxwell.
LOL...Nothing is what it seems in this case. It's interesting sometimes where a family chooses to park their cars...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT