ADVERTISEMENT

Can Adams Central hang with Aurora?

balsy

Freshman
Oct 28, 2021
I kind of doubt it. Both class c classes seem to have huge front runners for the titles.
would you take Aurora or Norfolk catholic vs the field at even money to win the state title?

Last edited:
Reactions: peyton00
No, my sons team has played them both and Aurora is way better and more physical. Collins the RB from AC doesn't like contact in my opinion and he will get it with Aurora.

Aurora by 3 TD's. Like HailVictors said, not talking bad about AC, but Aurora and Pierce are on a collision course. They are clearly the two best in C1 and then you have about 8-10 others behind them who will all beat up on each other.

It's going to be Pierce vs Aurora for the state championship. It would take a monumental upset for that not to happen.

Aurora by 3 TD's. Like HailVictors said, not talking bad about AC, but Aurora and Pierce are on a collision course. They are clearly the two best in C1 and then you have about 8-10 others behind them who will all beat up on each other.

It's going to be Pierce vs Aurora for the state championship. It would take a monumental upset for that not to happen.
Don't think McCook can hang with either?

While I agree that the likely final will be Aurora v. Pierce, I think back to 2019 I believe when everyone assumed it'd be Pierce and Ashland-Greenwood on a collision course, then Wahoo came out of nowhere to win the whole thing.

While I agree that the likely final will be Aurora v. Pierce, I think back to 2019 I believe when everyone assumed it'd be Pierce and Ashland-Greenwood on a collision course, then Wahoo came out of nowhere to win the whole thing.
True, but that Wahoo team was damn good with some solid wins throughout the year.

Beat 7-2 Wayne 47-0
Beat 6-3 Aurora 28-6
Beat 6-4 Neumann 23-6
Beat 7-2 Scotus 49-0

Playoffs:
Beat 6-4 Boys Town 56-0
Beat 8-2 Scotus 49-7
Beat Beat 9-2 Wayne 21-7

AG didn't play nearly the schedule as tough as Wahoo did.

True, but that Wahoo team was damn good with some solid wins throughout the year.

Beat 7-2 Wayne 47-0
Beat 6-3 Aurora 28-6
Beat 6-4 Neumann 23-6
Beat 7-2 Scotus 49-0

Playoffs:
Beat 6-4 Boys Town 56-0
Beat 8-2 Scotus 49-7
Beat Beat 9-2 Wayne 21-7

AG didn't play nearly the schedule as tough as Wahoo did.
Yes, they were good. My point was, everyone (IIRC) assumed it was going to be Pierce and Ashland and that it was Pierce's to lose....then Pierce just gets dominated in the final by Wahoo.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Yes, they were good. My point was, everyone (IIRC) assumed it was going to be Pierce and Ashland and that it was Pierce's to lose....then Pierce just gets dominated in the final by Wahoo.
That's true in regards to Pierce. I was one of them, until I saw Wahoo in the playoffs, that made me question if Pierce would just dominate a little.

Wahoo just took Pierce to the woodshed that day. Cold day.

I remember that game as well I think thats when Peirce evolved. They could not throw the ball then I remember vividly a 4th and like 13 and they ran toss and Wahoo destroyed them. I think Brahmer knew then he had to open it up. Props to him for evolving with the game. So many coaches are set in their ways and refuse to run anything different regardless of their personnel. Teams with less than 300 yards of offense on the year through 6 games and still running the same stuff, thinking it will work next week or even next year
That's true in regards to Pierce. I was one of them, until I saw Wahoo in the playoffs, that made me question if Pierce would just dominate a little.

Wahoo just took Pierce to the woodshed that day. Cold day.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I remember that game as well I think thats when Peirce evolved. They could not throw the ball then I remember vividly a 4th and like 13 and they ran toss and Wahoo destroyed them. I think Brahmer knew then he had to open it up. Props to him for evolving with the game. So many coaches are set in their ways and refuse to run anything different regardless of their personnel. Teams with less than 300 yards of offense on the year through 6 games and still running the same stuff, thinking it will work next week or even next year
I'm confused on this thinking.

If you have less than 300 yards of offense through 6 games. Its not going to matter what you run.

However, I understand your point, and I agree...to an extent. You can't run a Maryland I if you don't have the horse power to run it. The same is said on the opposite end of the spectrum. You can't run spread if you don't have any speed.

If you have neither one. Good luck. Better keep a smaller playbook handy and be ready for the armchairs to be very vocal. I vividly remember being a part of a coaching staff while I was a young college kid helping out and a parent chased down the head coach (both in vehicles leaving school) just to tell him he was "digging his own grave".

We weren't very good that year, and it wasn't because of coaching.

I'm confused on this thinking.

If you have less than 300 yards of offense through 6 games. Its not going to matter what you run.

However, I understand your point, and I agree...to an extent. You can't run a Maryland I if you don't have the horse power to run it. The same is said on the opposite end of the spectrum. You can't run spread if you don't have any speed.

If you have neither one. Good luck. Better keep a smaller playbook handy and be ready for the armchairs to be very vocal. I vividly remember being a part of a coaching staff while I was a young college kid helping out and a parent chased down the head coach (both in vehicles leaving school) just to tell him he was "digging his own grave".

We weren't very good that year, and it wasn't because of coaching.
But its going to matter, I see coaches do exactly what you say, they want to run Maryland I just because thats what they know. It doesnt fit the kids but their egos are too big to change, so they stink and blame it on not having the kids. With all the offense today why not run something thats multiple, so you can adapt with your kids. Kenny Simpson runs a Gun T offense, it can run the ball 40 times a game with buck, counter and jet, yet also throw it 40 times a game with 1 motion to empty or trips

Reactions: Spriralsam
Even money?

Heck yes. Without question
I agree with aurora. I think C-2 might be a question. I really think Hastings in a good team. I’ve watched st Cecilia and Ord in back to back weeks. I think Hastings would beat em up physically and on the scoreboard worse than Norfolk did. I worried about our freshman’s lives last week, this week against Ord we competed. That game against Ord was very much in doubt all the way into the 4th despite the final score.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT