ADVERTISEMENT

Football D-2 QUARTER FINALS

Oct 2, 2017
Anyone have a prediction or thoughts on the Falls City Sacred Heart/Bloomfield game? Haven't seen Bloomfield play,but can anyone stop their running back(Moles) over 2,500 yds. Rushing and 45 Td's this year!!! I hear their O-Line and Defense are amazing as well!!???

FCSH by 3 touchdowns

FCSH by 18-24 points? Haven't seen them play but sounds like your pretty darn confident in them. I'm hoping for a closer game.

How many yards did Moles have against Wynot? Is Wynot big up front or good at stopping the run? Any insight on how that game played out to start the year? Seems like no one else has been able to stop him/them since then.

Bloomfield hasn't been stopped. Last loss was to FCSH last year. Revenge game for the bee's. Bloomfield 42-16. Moles has at least 4 TD's.

Anyone have a prediction or thoughts on the Falls City Sacred Heart/Bloomfield game? Haven't seen Bloomfield play,but can anyone stop their running back(Moles) over 2,500 yds. Rushing and 45 Td's this year!!! I hear their O-Line and Defense are amazing as well!!???

Holdem123: I mean this nicely, but there isn't a chance that you happen to be from or associated with the Bloomfield community, do you? Or even be this kid's relative?

From the D2 Semi Final Thread from two weeks ago:

"Yes, that matchup seems likely. Anyone see #1 seed Bloomfield play?? There running back has rushed for over 1,800 yds. And 34 Tds!! Any chance they beat FCSH??
Holdem123, Oct 21, 2017"

From the D1 and D2 Playoff scores thread from yesterday

"The quarter finals in D-2 should be amazing.I can' wait to see FCSH vs. Bloomfield game tuesday night.I watched the Bloomfield game in NCN tonite.I was curious to see their running back play.( Moles) he surpassed 2,500 yds. Rushing and scored his 46th TD For the year!!! Quite impressed!!! Can Falls City Sacred Heart stop him???? Anyone have an opinion???
Holdem123, Today at 12:16 AM"

It's fine if you are from Bloomfield, just own it. Don't go Kevin Durant and low key talk your team up posing as an objective observer.

FCSH by 18-24 points? Haven't seen them play but sounds like your pretty darn confident in them. I'm hoping for a closer game.

How many yards did Moles have against Wynot? Is Wynot big up front or good at stopping the run? Any insight on how that game played out to start the year? Seems like no one else has been able to stop him/them since then.
Bloomfield hasn’t seen a team half as good as FCSH yet this season, I think it’ll be a replay of last years quarterfinal. I could be wrong and I’ll be more than happy to swallow my words if Bloomfield wins. I agree with you in hoping it’s a good entertaining game....I just don’t see it happening.

Sacred Heart hasn't exactly beat amazing teams this year either and in the opportunities I've had to watch them they hurt themselves with penalties that their team speed can get them out of eventually. I think it's going to be a pretty tight game.

No im not from Bloomfield.I actually live i Tulsa ok. Now.But i lived in Lincoln for 16 years.I have followed wrestling and football forever.I really like the smaller classifications over the large schools.

Sacred Heart hasn't exactly beat amazing teams this year either and in the opportunities I've had to watch them they hurt themselves with penalties that their team speed can get them out of eventually. I think it's going to be a pretty tight game.
I'd have to agree with "teachmetosnuggle" that Holdem123 is at the very least a Bloomfield fan of some sort with all the exclamation points in his comments about Bloomfield and their RB. Also I'd like to have some of what Xcell is smoking!!!! Some running backs just get good lines to play behind and it makes them look better than they really are, while others that are very talented just don't have the luxury of a good line in front of them and can't do it all on their own. Bloomfield's schedule sure aided in that young mans bloated statistics! IMO it will be a repeat of last year and here is why. The records of their opponents 8 regular season games and the combined records of the teams those 8 beat (in parenthesis):
Wynot 6-2 (21-27)
Scribner-Snyder 0-8 (0-0)
Randolph 6-2 (18-30)
Elkhorn Valley 0-8 (0-0)
North Central 6-2 (12-36)
O'Neill St. Mary's 1-7 (0-8)
Osmond 3-5 (4-20)
Stuart 3-5 (4-20)
Their 8 opponents' combined records were 25-37 for a 40% win rate!
The combined records of the teams those 8 beat was 59-141 for a 29.5% win rate.
Take out Wynot and those become 19-35 for a 35 % win rate and 38-114 for a 25% win rate! I just don't see a win in the cards for Bloomfield. Just my opinion, I could be proven wrong, it has happened before. I'm predicting a 4 TD victory for FCSH and 2 TD's at best for Bloomfield's RB.

Reactions: Timgacc
And Ooooh..... FCSH’s opponents records were a combined 28-36 and they lost 1 game. SOS means nothing when you’re playing on opposite sides of the state. I have a feeling if you put Randolph or Wynot in the SE corner of the state, their schedule gets a lot easier. Yes, FCSH & BDS are good.
The comment that Bloomfield hasn’t seen a team 1/2 as good as FCSH is ignorant at best.
Wynot lost to St Fran by 2, FCSH beat St Fran by 4 at Falls City. Bloomfield beat Wynot by 8 in Wynot.... hmmmm. The scores/stats can be twisted in many ways. I just hope it’s a good game.

It's ok to admit you're from bloomfield.

I think it will be a defensive game. Bloomfield has a good defense. Moles benefits from his interior line, they absolutely abused Randolph.
Sacred heart also has good defense and is more of a team attack. Plus great coaching.
Bloomfield was supposed to break through the previous two years as well...how'd that work out? Time to prove it.

Well some of you are going to be very wrong. Predictions range from 60-8 victory for Bloomfield to a four TD victory for FCSH. That's only a potential difference in 84 points for a prediction.

Frankly there are some very poor teams in 8 man, especially D2 so schedule strength is irrelevant to me. Both teams played their share of cruddy teams and a few very good ones.

My guess is Bloomfield 22 FCSH 18. Comes down to converting on the point after.

And Ooooh..... FCSH’s opponents records were a combined 28-36 and they lost 1 game. SOS means nothing when you’re playing on opposite sides of the state. I have a feeling if you put Randolph or Wynot in the SE corner of the state, their schedule gets a lot easier. Yes, FCSH & BDS are good.
The comment that Bloomfield hasn’t seen a team 1/2 as good as FCSH is ignorant at best.
Wynot lost to St Fran by 2, FCSH beat St Fran by 4 at Falls City. Bloomfield beat Wynot by 8 in Wynot.... hmmmm. The scores/stats can be twisted in many ways. I just hope it’s a good game.

This thread has been one of favorites this year. I just want to know what about the other games. If we use this logic then will BDS sneak out a win in Wynot.

This thread has been one of favorites this year. I just want to know what about the other games. If we use this logic then will BDS sneak out a win in Wynot.
The logic is BDS and FCSH roll big time into their semi final matchup! Which should really be the championship game if we did away with the east-west bracketing, if the idea is to get the two best teams matching up, instead of in the semi finals.

Reactions: Timgacc
I think both games will be closer than a lot of people think. i dont think FCSH is as good as they were last year. Wynot has out muscled the teams they have played so far but BDS is a different level of muscle. In the end, BDS and FCSH should win.

Well, in the eve if the D-2 game i'll go out on a limb and say Bloomfield 28 FCSH:22!Anyone else have a prediction?

I know this has all been about the east teams, but I think the Blue Hill and Twin Loup game will be as good as advertised. Blue Hill has wanted this rematch since last year when lost to Twin Loup in the playoffs and I think that this game will come down which ever team flinches first. I do give a slight edge to Blue Hill

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I know this has all been about the east teams, but I think the Blue Hill and Twin Loup game will be as good as advertised. Blue Hill has wanted this rematch since last year when lost to Twin Loup in the playoffs and I think that this game will come down which ever team flinches first. I do give a slight edge to Blue Hill
I agree. Will this game be broadcasted on NCN or Striv?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT