ADVERTISEMENT

Aquinas vs St. Cecilia

two very good coaches taking their teams to the finals. BC had a great season and should be proud of what they did. Aquinis will be tough to stop but you never know what might happen. Good luck to both squads.

Last edited:
Sort of off topic but I wanted to comment on something. The newspapers, radio, web sites etc. talk about "historic Duncan Field" like it's some great privilege to walk in the gate. Maybe it is if you're watching baseball but I gotta say it's a really crappy place to try and watch a football game. The announcers on the radio last night even said "we're standing outside now because this is the worst press box in the state of Nebraska" LOL. Anybody agree?

I agree 100%. In terms of football being played on a baseball field, nothing compares to York. That is an incredible place to watch a football game.

nothing more motivating that to hear the parents of the opposing team complain about the situation at Duncan. Part of the aura. Truly. Good luck to the Monarchs the rest of the way!

nothing more motivating that to hear the parents of the opposing team complain about the situation at Duncan. Part of the aura. Truly. Good luck to the Monarchs the rest of the way!
I think it would make you realize that even with STC tradition in football, your school and boosters still dont care much about football because they let you play in a dump, maybe thats why only about 300 STC fans are ever at a game.

Reactions: viewfromthebooth
In my opinion the NSAA should not allow teams to host playoff games at fields like Duncan. If a school at the C-2 level doesn't have adequate seating, then the game should be played where there is adequate seating.

Reactions: viewfromthebooth

I understand tradition and aura, but it really comes down to a safety issue for spectators. Because of the limited bleacher seating, there were several elderly fans seated close to the field. Players could have easily crashed into these people causing injuries. If they wish to continue to have games at that venue, the school needs to provide extra seating to accommodate the crowd.

Reactions: runningback43
Nothing better than packing them inside the bricks. Really gets to people you see? I have no opinion other than what I have stated, your concerns otherwise should likely be addressed to the proper authority on the topics. As I am not affiliated with any school directly. As I respectfully doubt they will be answered on an internet forum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT