ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Boys Class B, C and D District Finals Matchups

Looking at the schedules and watching EC play May-Hay, I'll take EC in this one by over 10
I will say this game alone may tell you how good maywood is, if McCool wins then you gotta think that maywood may not be as good as there record states, Like I said will teams scattered about in D1. we will now see if and what is legit

C2-1 (Monday)
Oakland-Craig (10-12) 30 at Freeman (25-1) 65

C2-2 (Monday)

Hershey (11-13) 38 at Amherst (23-1) 62

C2-3 at Hastings College (Monday)
Doniphan-Trumbull (23-2) 54
vs. Hastings St. Cecilia (15-10) 34

C2-4 (Tuesday)
Yutan (14-10) 38 at Hartington Cedar Catholic (21-4) 48

C2-5 (Monday)

Summerland (18-5) 60 at Elkhorn Valley (22-2) 62

C2-6 (Tuesday)

Wakefield (21-4) 44 at Tri County (22-4) 49

C2-7 (Monday)

Cross County (21-4) 38 at Norfolk Catholic (17-7) 56

C2-8 at O'Neill (Tuesday)
Elmwood-Murdock (17-8) 44
vs. Gordon-Rushville (16-4) 43

Reactions: NeNebraskaGuru
I think really this game is about who Elm Creek is. They are only 4-5 against the teams still playing after all. They need to get run outs and transition to score. They have trouble scoring on good teams. They are only averaging 38 in their 5 losses. They have a number of bodies and are fairly athletic which allows them to stay IN games, but never really threaten, if that makes any sense. Maywood, in the game I saw, had trouble scoring, but I'm not sure how EC would close the gap much. EC appeared to be very well coached, but if they played Maywood or NPSP 10 times... Elm Creek losing wouldn't affect my opinion much about Maywood.

I think really this game is about who Elm Creek is. They are only 4-5 against the teams still playing after all. They need to get run outs and transition to score. They have trouble scoring on good teams. They are only averaging 38 in their 5 losses. They have a number of bodies and are fairly athletic which allows them to stay IN games, but never really threaten, if that makes any sense. Maywood, in the game I saw, had trouble scoring, but I'm not sure how EC would close the gap much. EC appeared to be very well coached, but if they played Maywood or NPSP 10 times... Elm Creek losing wouldn't affect my opinion much about Maywood.
Comparatively speaking McJ is 0-4 against teams remaining, have averaged 36pts per game in those games, and have lost by an average margin of 27pts....

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Just a thought on the 180 rule. What if the two schools were over 180 miles and required to play at a neutral site, subtract 180 miles from the total distance. Example, Sidney was the #6 seed and Aurora the #11 seed. Since they are more than 180 miles apart (about 280 miles) they met at a neutral site, close to the half way point, in Cozad. In this case, instead of meeting in the middle, meet in the middle of Sidney and 100 miles east. In this case, maybe Ogallala.

Another example would be Mullen and Santee meeting at Summerland High School instead of Ord.

As it was mentioned earlier, schools in the West and those near the borders are at a disadvantage to ever host a district final, especially the Western schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: runningback43
Just a thought on the 180 rule. What if the two schools were over 180 miles and required to play at a neutral site, subtract 180 miles from the total distance. Example, Sidney was the #6 seed and Aurora the #11 seed. Since they are more than 180 miles apart (about 280 miles) they met at a neutral site, close to the half way point, in Cozad. In this case, instead of meeting in the middle, meet in the middle of Sidney and 100 miles east. In this case, maybe Ogallala.

Another example would be Mullen and Santee meeting at Summerland High School instead of Broken Bow.

As it was mentioned earlier, schools in the West and those near the borders are at a disadvantage to ever host a district final, especially the Western schools.
Mullen and Santee played in Ord. Paxton and Stuart played in Broken Bow. Your point is still valid and I think many would agree.

Reactions: nenebskers
The weekend before sub-district games start now: bunny bracket games if needed on Saturday. Play subs Monday & Tuesday. District finals on Friday with Saturday as an option. No 180 rule, play at the #1-#8 seed.

The weekend before sub-district games start now: bunny bracket games if needed on Saturday. Play subs Monday & Tuesday. District finals on Friday with Saturday as an option. No 180 rule, play at the #1-#8 seed.
Girls schedule would need to be adjusted as well. Not sure the logistics of that without hurting my head

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT