ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Class C and D Girls District Finals Pairings

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Higher seed listed first. Will host if within 180 miles of opponent.

CLASS C1

C1-1 at North Bend (6:30 PM)

North Bend Central (24-1) vs. Ord (13-12)

C1-2 at Kearney (6:00 PM)
Bridgeport (23-0) vs. Douglas County West (15-10)

C1-3at Adams Central (6:00 PM)
Adams Central (23-1) vs. Syracuse (12-13)

C1-4 at Wahoo (7:00 PM)
Wahoo (18-5) vs. Battle Creek (12-11)

C1-5 at Lincoln Christian (7:00 PM)
Lincoln Christian (21-3) vs. Wayne (16-10)

C1-6 at Malcolm (6:00 PM)
Malcolm (20-5) vs. Platteview (13-10)

C1-7 at Gothenburg (6:30 PM)
Gothenburg (19-4) vs. Columbus Scotus (19-5)

C1-8 at Milford (7:00 PM)
Milford (20-4) vs. Yutan (21-4)

============================

CLASS C2

C2-1 at Columbus Lakeview (7:00 PM)

Crofton (22-2) vs. Freeman (13-11)

C2-2 at Pender (7:00 PM)
Pender (23-3) vs. Humphrey/Lindsay Holy Family (13-12)

C2-3 at Guardian Angels (7:00 PM)
Guardian Angels Central Catholic (19-4) vs. Sutton (13-12)

C2-4 at Oakland-Craig (7:00 PM)
Oakland-Craig (21-4) vs. Lincoln Lutheran (12-12)

C2-5 at Ponca (7:00 PM)
Ponca (22-1) vs. Summerland (19-3)

C2-6 at Aurora (7:00 PM)
Southern Valley (19-3) vs. Fremont Bergan (14-8)

C2-7 at Ainsworth (6:30 PM)
Gordon-Rushville (18-3) vs. Clarkson/Leigh (19-6)

C2-8 at Cross County (7:00 PM)
Cross County (21-4) vs. Amherst (18-6)

=============================

CLASS D1

D1-1 at Cozad (6:00 PM)

Ravenna (23-2) vs. South Platte (16-7)

D1-2 at Centura (7:00 PM)
Centura (22-3) vs. Nebraska Christian (18-6)

D1-3 at Hastings St. Cecilia (7:00 PM)
Hastings St. Cecilia (16-7) vs. Bancroft-Rosalie (13-10)

D1-4 at Hartington Cedar Catholic (7:00 PM)
Hartington Cedar Catholic (19-6) vs. Niobrara/Verdigre (17-6)

D1-5 at Elmwood-Murdock (7:00 PM)
Elmwood-Murdock (20-5) vs. Sterling (17-6)

D1-6 at Alma (6:30 PM)
Alma (17-3) vs. Sumner-Eddyville-Miller (17-4)

D1-7 at Johnson-Brock (7:00 PM)
Johnson-Brock (20-5) vs. Bruning-Davenport/Shickley (20-5)

D1-8 at Kearney Catholic (6:00 PM)
Elgin/Elgin Pope John (21-4) vs. Maywood/Hayes Center (23-1)

================================

CLASS D2

D2-1 at Falls City Sacred Heart (7:00 PM)

Falls City Sacred Heart (22-3) vs. Osceola (12-11)

D2-2 at Shelton (7:00 PM)
Shelton (21-1) vs. Medicine Valley (13-9)

D2-3 at Broken Bow (6:00 PM)
O'Neill St. Mary's (21-2) vs. Paxton (15-6)

D2-4 at Brady (5:00 PM)
Parkview Christian (18-7) vs. Leyton (15-5)

D2-5 at McCool Junction (6:30 PM)
McCool Junction (23-2) vs. Pleasanton (15-8)

D2-6 at Humphrey St. Francis (7:00 PM)
Humphrey St. Francis (18-6) vs. Howells-Dodge (13-11)

D2-7 at Ogallala (5:00 PM MT)
Wilcox-Hildreth (17-7) vs. Hay Springs (20-3)

D2-8 at Seward (6:00 PM)
Overton (19-6) vs. Wynot (15-9)

Last edited:
Clarkson has a great coach. One of the few coaches I’ve watched over the years that is always positive to his players and as a result those girls will run threw a brick wall for him

Reactions: IrishSlayer97
I don't care for the 180 mile rule. Bridgeport goes undefeated and is denied a home district final because DC West is on the opposite end of the state. There were a total of 3 or 4 schools that Bridgeport could have drawn that were within the 180 mile limit to allow them a home game. The other 40 or whatever were outside. That is not a great system.

Tough draw for Gordon-Rushville

I don't care for the 180 mile rule. Bridgeport goes undefeated and is denied a home district final because DC West is on the opposite end of the state. There were a total of 3 or 4 schools that Bridgeport could have drawn that were within the 180 mile limit to allow them a home game. The other 40 or whatever were outside. That is not a great system.
I agree.

If you (the NSAA) are going to allow some schools to host, then you need to allow all of them to do so or none at all.

Totally agree. Teams like Bridgeport, Sidney, Ogallala, ScoBlo, Chadron will probably never host under the current format.

Totally agree. Teams like Bridgeport, Sidney, Ogallala, ScoBlo, Chadron will probably never host under the current format.

This is true… but more often than not it also may stop them from traveling 6-8 hours to the eastern quarter of the state for these district finals games.

This is true… but more often than not it also may stop them from traveling 6-8 hours to the eastern quarter of the state for these district finals games.
I just feel like the high seed should host OR go big with district finals and have them at colleges and do double/triple headers.

Also colleges have to be willing to host and fit those games into their own facilities schedules. Which becomes a hassle for the high schools/NSAA.
It would be a scheduling nightmare, and I know it's a pipe dream. But could you imagine four district finals at UNK or Midland? That would be fun day of hoops.

Again, I think it should just go to high seed hosts no matter what. Just like how football does it for A, B and C1.

It would be a scheduling nightmare, and I know it's a pipe dream. But could you imagine four district finals at UNK or Midland? That would be fun day of hoops.

Again, I think it should just go to high seed hosts no matter what. Just like how football does it for A, B and C1.

I can see this possibly passing in the next couple years if someone brings it up for a vote.

The schools on the fringes of the state should all vote yes for it because the schools in the interior of the state have a much higher chance of hosting since they are surrounded by schools on all 4 sides whereas schools close to the borders only have NE schools on 1-3 sides of them. Obviously Western schools are more spread out as well.

Some schools have a much higher percentage to host based on geography alone and other schools have a much higher chance to meet in the middle.

Travel consideration does not need to be a big factor for the girls games since they are played on Friday nights.

The nightmare happens for boys games. Coaches are either forced a short turnaround to travel a long ways and play on Saturday… OR play on Monday or Tuesday which is where limited travel is beneficial for the schools/students.

I know they do it in FB but BB has always been a different beast than FB

You would rather not Re-Seed going into District Finals, or you would rather eliminate the 180 mile rule and just have the higher seed host? Asking for clarification, not to argue.

You would rather not Re-Seed going into District Finals, or you would rather eliminate the 180 mile rule and just have the higher seed host? Asking for clarification, not to argue.
I would rather eliminate the 180 mile rule.
This was obviously voted on by the member schools, so it was wanted. I shouldn't have an opinion on the matter, but yet here I am.. lol

This was obviously voted on by the member schools, so it was wanted. I shouldn't have an opinion on the matter, but yet here I am.. lol

I agree. Either all top seeds get to host or all should play at neutral sites

Reactions: hailvictors2
Sometimes I think the opinions of the people that are not personally effected carry more weight than the alternative. I certainly appreciate an unbiased viewpoint.

Thanks for posting.

Reactions: hailvictors2
I loathe the current (to me completely goofy) sub-state system. That said, if we are stuck dragging kids and families all over the state, the 180 mile limit seems ESPECIALLY silly. I'm 178 miles away but school B is 181 away from it's opponent, where do you measure coops from, EASE of travel isn't considered, makes it virtually impossible for panhandle teams to ever host, the problems are numerous. Considering the current system, I agree with most of the guys above...get rid of the 180 mile limit. The worst thing about "Democracy" is that is screws the minority. No protection for Bridgeport from all of the schools clustered together in the eastern part of our state.

I loathe the current (to me completely goofy) sub-state system. That said, if we are stuck dragging kids and families all over the state, the 180 mile limit seems ESPECIALLY silly. I'm 178 miles away but school B is 181 away from it's opponent, where do you measure coops from, EASE of travel isn't considered, makes it virtually impossible for panhandle teams to ever host, the problems are numerous. Considering the current system, I agree with most of the guys above...get rid of the 180 mile limit. The worst thing about "Democracy" is that is screws the minority. No protection for Bridgeport from all of the schools clustered together in the eastern part of our state.
It's ridiculous Bridgeport has to meet DC West in Kearney to probably win the game by 30+. They deserve to host.

Teams like Bridgeport, Chadron, Sidney, Gordon-Rushville, Leyton, Potter-Dix and even Ogallala have a very small chance of hosting a district final. The only team out of 16 in C1 that is less than 180 to Bport is Gothenburg, (176 miles).

Let the high seeds host no matter the mileage.

Reactions: mikeneujahr
I like the Ravenna vs South Platte District final. They are 188 Miles apart. So South Platte will drive 107 miles to get to Cozad anyway. So to save approx. only 1 hour of travel for South Platte, Ravenna loses the home court advantage.

Especially where they get played on Saturday, the high seed should be hosting no matter what. The schedule could be accommodated for the boys as well to make the district finals all on Saturday and I bet most coaches wouldn't care about the shorter turn around for boy's if it meant that the half of the teams that earned the Home game got it.

I like the Ravenna vs South Platte District final. They are 188 Miles apart. So South Platte will drive 107 miles to get to Cozad anyway. So to save approx. only 1 hour of travel for South Platte, Ravenna loses the home court advantage.

Especially where they get played on Saturday, the high seed should be hosting no matter what. The schedule could be accommodated for the boys as well to make the district finals all on Saturday and I bet most coaches wouldn't care about the shorter turn around for boy's if it meant that the half of the teams that earned the Home game got it.
However...my experience has been the school's (coaches) do not want to play on Saturday.

I absolutely agree that Saturday should be the preferred date, but many must believe two - three extra days is enough to scheme to a win.

Also, if you noticed, D2-12 got postponed to Friday. Weather will have a say about Saturday too.

I did a mock sub district format a week or so ago to split into pods of 4 combining D-1,2,3 D-4,5,6 D-7,8,9 D10,11,12. I think that we could eliminate the last Friday for boys regular season (the boys only nights) and start subs that night, play Tuesday Sub Finals, and Play Friday/Saturday District Finals. Its definitely not perfect but was interesting and spread out the matchups some. Reseed statewide after the subs with no district final wildcards.

This was just hypothetical and really for fun to see what other formats and matchups could look like so don't take it too seriously.

D1-D2-D3

1 Johnson Brock
16 BYE
9 Omaha Christian Academy (103 miles)
8 High Plains

5 Pawnee City (54 miles)
12 Lourdes CC
13 Cedar Bluffs (124 miles)
4 BDS

3 McCool Junction
14 BYE
6 Omaha Brownell Talbot (86 miles)
11 HTRS

7 Shelby Rising City (89 miles)
10 Weeping Water
15 BYE
2 Mead

D4-D5-D6

1 Howells Dodge
16 BYE
9 Boyd County (84 miles)
8 Hartington Newcastle

5 Humphrey LHF (55 miles)
12 Neligh Oakdale
13 Lyons Decatur Northeast (94 miles)
4 Elgin Pope John

3 Ainsworth (115 miles)
14 Niobrara
6 Bloomfield (116 miles)
11 Central Valley

7 Riverside (113 miles)
10 North Central
15 BYE
2 Bancroft Rosalie

D7-D8-D9

1 Ansley Litchfield
16 BYE
9 Lawrence Nelson (90 miles)
8 Pleasanton

5 Bertrand (67 miles)
12 Silver Lake
13 Burwell (110 miles)
4 Loomis

3 Ravenna (56 miles)
14 Wilcox Hildreth
6 Sandy Creek (94 miles)
11 Southern Valley

7 Axtell (48 miles)
10 Blue Hill
15 Twin Loup (102 miles)
2 Kenesaw

D10-D11-D12
1 North Platte St Pat’s
16 BYE
9 Hitchcock County (74 miles)
8 Perkins County

5 Leyton (210 miles)
12 Overton
13 Arapahoe (93 miles)
4 Dundy County Stratton

3 Elm Creek (74 miles)
14 Southwest
6 South Loup (219 miles)
11 Hemingford

7 Bridgeport (220 miles)
10 Cambridge
15 Bye
2 Maywood Hayes Center

Yes a Democracy always sucks for the minority… ha.

But I do agree and hope the schools change the current rule. Even schools in the east that are along the borders to SD, IA, or KS can get screwed at times too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT