ADVERTISEMENT

First round upsets? C1-D2

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
What are some possible upsets in C1 through D2 in your eyes? These are my most probably first round upsets in each class.

CLASS C1:
#12 Ogallala at #5 Chadron: Ogallala played their worst game of the year against Chadron earlier this season, maybe they go on the road and knock them off.

CLASS C2:
#11 Hartington Cedar Catholic at #6 Sutton: HCC played a difficult schedule this season, Cedar has had a lot of playoff tradition over the past 10 years. It would be a huge upset, I doubt it happens, but it's the most probably upset in C2.

CLASS D1:
#9 High Plains Community at #8 Diller-Odell: High Plains has a good team, they are 4-4, but their losses have come to GACC, BDS, Heartland and Fullerton, a combined 31-1. I think High Plains wins this one.

CLASS D2:
#15 Mullen over #2 Garden County: Mullen only lost to them by 8 in week 3, could they beat them this time around?

Here are 3 I picked in D-1:

North Central over Blue Hill

Scribner-Snyder over Bloomfield

High Plains over Diller-Odell

I could see S-S over Bloomfield, they could have won on a last second play to East Butler and lost by 4 to GACC. They have a pretty good team.

High plains good pick. Did North Central get QB back? If so maybe, Blu Hill coaching staff is figuring out this 8-man stuff though.

I like the HCC and the High Plains picks. I wouldn't call HCC a huge upset, either. They threw 4 INT trying to come back via the pass against BC and things snowballed on them. They lost by one to Aquinas in overtime. So think of it this way... would anyone call Aquinas over Sutton a huge upset? I think Sutton-HCC will be like a 2nd or 3rd round type game.

EC: I actually got Blue Hill and Arapahoe mixed up. Arapahoe struggled with a couple teams big time in their last two games and for some reason I had it stuff in my head that was Blue Hill......so I take back that upset...

I'll take GICC over Wilber (and probably AG in the next round, which would be in Grand Island)

Mullen has been beat up and injured for the past 3 games. Still missing some players and not playing for well right now. It would be a very big upset if Mullen wins tonight.

I haven't seen Kearney Catholic play but if Boys Town brings their A game I think that could be an interesting match up. BT has a very aggressive style of play and they have some big time athletes.

Mullen over Garden County
Medicine Valley over Maxwell

Overton over Brady

This post was edited on 10/30 6:31 PM by jawatkins

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT